Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, an Oil & Gas company operating in the downstream industry is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Risk and Compliance
Job Type: Full Time
- Responsible for planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization as well as the development, testing and maintenance of all risk tools and processes within the Risk Management Framework, such as the Risk Taxonomy, Risk Appetite Framework, Policy Framework and Risk and Control Self-Assessment processes;
- Ensure the availability and maintenance of complete, reliable and updated risk register for Group’s in line with best practice suitable for a risk-based audit in Group businesses and Industries (downstream, Aviation and Lubes). The information provided should be reliable by Internal Audit and management for routine or adhoc audit exercises.
- Responsible for the design and dissemination of the strategy, for the engagement of key stakeholders relevant to the delivery and embedding of proposed risk standards, tools and solutions.
- Conduct risk assessment in consultation with relevant internal stakeholders, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks as they affect the organization;
- Prepare risk evaluation, which involves the comparison of estimated risks with the criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors and the evaluation of the organization’s ‘risk appetite’,
- Liaise with management and those in charge of governance to establish and quantify the organization’s ‘risk appetite’ and ensure the risk approach is aligned.
- Prepare regular risk reports in an appropriate way for different audiences; to the Management and the Board Risk Committee for a clear understanding of significant risks, to Business Unit Heads/HODs to create awareness of the risks and their relevance to parts of the business, to individual employees to understand accountability for individual risks.
- Ensure the Board of Directors, management and employees comply with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures are being strictly followed.
- Ensure regular update on regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and the obligations under these changes and the impact to the Company.
- Work with the IT department and other colleagues to develop training and guidance on the implementation and operation of the Risk and Policy Frameworks.
- Analyze Risk Management Information to proactively identify gaps in risk management practice. Advise and work with senior managers to ensure appropriate improvement activities are identified.
- Provision of proactive and practical regulatory advice to business managers and support functions.
- Ensure the validation of all risk data collated within the organization by empirical research and sound principles and practices.
- Continuously develop and enhance company’s Risk Management Strategy and Framework and ensure that it aligns with best practices in the industry at all times.
- Maintains corporate governance practices on external risk and reporting to stakeholders;
- Continuous monitoring of compliance with policies and standards and liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Develop, lead and motivate the Risk and Compliance team to maximize effectiveness.
- Provide risk awareness, support, education and training to employees of the organization.
- Ensure proper management processes are in place for insurance purchase, operation, reporting and notifications such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans, to limit risks and prepare for events that could go wrong.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Completion of a B.Sc / HND or equivalent in Law, Finance, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Accounting or courses with Risk Management content.
- Professional certifications / qualifications in risk management related fields such as CIA, CRMA, etc.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as risk analyst in downstream or similar company, 3 of which MUST be as Risk Manager Level during which:
- Developed, implemented and overseen risk management tools and processes
- Drafted, communicated and evaluated internal policies and procedures;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to a diverse range of people;
- Work(ed) in a large and complex organization;
- Ability to write technical reports and produced relevant management information for Senior Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We thank all applicants, however, only those selected will be contacted