Company: Centre for Democracy and Development
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Accounting / Audit / Finance
Work Level: Executive (Director, Head of Dept)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 10-15 years
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos, Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity-building organisation. The Centre was founded to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in the West Africa region. As the foremost think tank on democratization and development in West Africa, CDD provides alternatives and best practices in support of democracy and good governance in the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Head of Finance
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Centre is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of Head of Finance in our organization. The person will be based in Abuja and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the financial operations of the organization.
- Supervise the finance and foster collaboration and cooperation between Finance, Administrative and Programme staff as well as liaise with donor organizations.
- Specific duties include reviewing and forecasting monthly project and office expenses of the organization and partner organizations, coordinating finance department tasks, overseeing office accounting, grants management and other general financial duties.
Education / Qualifications
- The candidate must be a Chartered Accountant with preferably a Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- S (he) should have at least ten (10) years experience in a related position, part of which must be in an international agency or the NGO sector.
Skill / Abilities:
- Proficiency in computerized accounting packages (QuickBooks, Excel, Word etc) is required, as well as attention to details; strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstration of managerial and strong analytical problem solving skills with ability to handle sensitive and confidential data with discretion and integrity is a must.
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills also required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume / CV in one MS Word / PDF via email to: [email protected] Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for. For example, Subject: Olakunle Aisha Emeka, Head of Finance.
- Only applications submitted via email will be evaluated. Scanned applications will be disregarded.
- Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. CDD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Female candidates and people living with disability are STRONGLY encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
- No phone calls, please.