- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 9 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsiblefor all aspects of the laboratory including equipment, employees, processes and documentation.
- Develops operating budget, department goals, objectives, operational policies, and procedures to meet current and future needs of the Laboratory.
- Responsible for monitoring the adherence to departmental policies and procedures in the laboratories across all benches.
- Serves as a point person for clinicians and other health care workers to answer technical and clerical questions related to testing.
- Planning and executing approved activities of the laboratory as well as submitting routine reports to management.
- Training, supervising and assessment of the laboratory scientists, technicians, and assistants as well as maintaining staff discipline. Ensure employees are trained according to department procedures and maintain required recurring training. Ensure all laboratory personnel adhere to the safe work practices and standards.
- Establishing policies and procedures for work place by ensuring maintenance of technical and safety standards and adjusting them when necessary.
- Overseeing maintenance of the laboratory equipment by organizing their calibrations, repairs or replacement, timely ordering of consumables and conducting periodical assessments. Ensure safe handling of equipment and apparatus. Updating knowledge in trends laboratory technology. Ensuring quality control by standardization of reagents and kits.
- Possession of up to date knowledge of requirements of the relevant regulatory agencies and adhering to them. Compliance with the statutory requirement and ensure the use of standard test procedures for accuracy.
- Initiate, supervise and manage quality control and assurance processes across the laboratory.
- Ensure proper housekeeping in the laboratory work area
- Drive reduction in turnaround time without compromising test quality. Ensure accurate and complete documentation of all laboratory testing, analysis and results.
- Identify problems and develop solutions to continually improve operations. Develop and maintain systems to measure performance against established standards.
- Performs other related administrative duties as deemed necessary by the management. Reports to the Medical Director.
Requirements / Minimum Qualifications
- A B.Sc in Medical Laboratory Science. A Postgraduate Degree would be an added advantage.
- A registered member of Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN).
- Possess a current practicing license.
- Minimum of 9 years post NYSC work experience and 5 years in similar role.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel etc.) and Health Information Management System.
- Experienced in managing a Clinical Laboratory.
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques; testing and calibrating procedures; handling and maintenance of laboratory equipment and quality Control.
- Strong leadership, Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- N400,000 monthly.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidate will be shortlisted.