Head, Designs and Product Development
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 12 years
- Location Other
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- Ensure quality design and construction is of a consistent high quality across the Mixta Projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Detail the design and quality criteria that each country is expected to adhere to.
- Create new project design concepts and coordinate with different units to ensure the concepts are executable – financially and technically.
- Periodically audit construction sites to ensure that criteria is being upheld.
- Organise, co-ordinate and control acceptance of completed construction items from supervisory adviser as per current regulations and processes of countries where the company operates.
- Co-ordinate with Design and Construction team to resolve any design issue arising during construction.
- Publish frequent reports for the senior management identifying major progress, quality and cost issues impacting the project.
- Conduct regular project review based on pre-defined review architecture, including setting up relevant templates for review by the design team b) No. of issues raised by operations/sales team during the handover process (15%).
- Violation to design quality: Number of quality non-conformance reports issues by construction team of irregularity with design plan (15%).
- Violations to safety: No. of safety incidents which occurred on site during the year including a) near misses b) accidents c) fatal accidents (15%).
- Adherence to budget– variance between actual and budget of function should not be greater than 15% (5%).
- Number of days of trainings conducted on standardisation and compliance (10%).
- Quality of training conducted on standardisation and compliance (10%).
- Timeliness of deliverables – Percentage of deliverables that are delivered to the target audience as per the agreed deadlines (5%)
- Quality of deliverables – Percentage of deliverables that meet or exceed expectation (5%)
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate and master’s degree or equivalent in construction, environmental design or architecture
- Prior experience of managing multiple large construction and design projects
- Minimum of 12 years’ cognate experience in an architectural firm or real estate company in similar role
- Sound understanding and interpretation of drawings.
- Knowledge of key processes and phases in construction (Structure, M&E, Finishing)
- Deep understanding of corporate functions like procurement and contracting, budget and planning, and de-bottlenecking other corporate processes.
- History of strong leadership and proven track record for timely project delivery, management and cost control.
- Sound knowledge in design, detailing, regulation and project implementation processes.
- Proficient in creating and understanding a planning schedule and work break down structure.
- Very detailed knowledge of material, equipment, logistics, storage and security.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and oral.
- Strong ability to motivate, influence, negotiate and manage contractors.
- Good interpersonal skills, effective coordination across firm leadership and ability to work with consultants and peers to review, direct and critique design proposals.
- Gathers information nationally and internationally about what could be; visualises the future and assesses what needs to change; thinks strategically, considers wider effects thoroughly, including customers, shareholders and people; promotes and builds enthusiasm for the vision.
- Balances the needs of the stakeholder triangle; assimilates and analyses relevant information; identifies core principles, and applies them consistently to decisions; identifies and mitigates risks; creative in providing solutions; owns decisions.
- Outstanding people leadership and management skills. Ability to drive change management across the organization.
- Sets milestones and timeframes to achieve objectives and operational requirements; determines priorities and allocates responsibilities and manages workflow; establishes measures and monitoring systems; monitors unit and individual performance, putting (joint) action plans in place to address areas of non-compliance; anticipates hurdles and has contingency plans to get around them.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to ARM Hold Co. on apply.workable.com to apply