Company: Karisa Consults Limited
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Agriculture / Agro Allied
Work Level: Manager (Staff Supervisor)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 10-15 years
Karisa Consults Limited is an emerging management consulting firm that specialise in Agribusiness brokerage, Agric trading, Recruitment, Professional background Check Services, Research, Management training as well as Agricultural Training. We provide Management Consulting services to clients in the private and public sector within and outside Nigeria.
Our clients include start-ups, small and medium enterprises as well as multinationals and industry leaders in key sectors of the Nigerian and African regional economies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Green House Manager
Job Location: Kano
- Assign duties and tasks to the staff and supervise them
- Study various greenhouse projects in hand and make correct choices regarding the seeds, ways of breeding and quantity of plants to be grown by managing the budget as well.
- Look for safety policies and regulations and explain them to the staff under them.
- Determine the demand of the market and plan the cultivation accordingly.
- Hire new employees and train them well in various gardening and greenhouse techniques.
- Identify the best plants commercially and economically and look for problems like diseases, various insects and pests affecting them.
- Select the best seeds for cultivation, the best plant nutrients, fertilizers, pesticides and the best gardening equipment.
- Constantly visit the work areas to understand the soil conditions, inspect plants and crops and manage the work over there.
- Demonstrate the various techniques to take care of plants, nurseries in front of individual gardeners, commercial gardeners and clients.
- Apply artistic overlook in cutting and pruning trees, shrubs and flowers, etc.
- Inspect the gardening equipment and other greenhouse facilities to check for disrepairs and maintain them properly.
- Tour work areas to observe work being done, to inspect crops, and to evaluate plant and soil conditions.
- Monitor facilities or operational systems.
- Identify plants as well as problems such as diseases, weeds, and insect pests.
- Undertake any other responsibilities as said by the organization.
Qualifications / Experiences
- M.Sc or Ph.D in Agricultural Sciences / Management, Agronomy, Crops Sciences, Plant Breeding and any other related field with a minimum of 10 – 20 years experience
- Member of professional body
- The candidates must have Agricultural Background, Senior managerial experiences as well as financial & Admin Knowledge.
- Experiences in tomato Green House.
Competencies / Behaviors:
- Good communication
- Teamwork and coaching
- Problem solving
- Excellent financial planning and organizational skills
- Technical and practical skills
- Coaching and mentoring.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Proven ability in the farm management field.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- Highly motivated, results oriented driven
- Budget management experience
- Good use of computer office application such as Words, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Very competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title and the Location as the subject of the mail.