Company: Corporate Headhunters Limited
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Grants / Scholarships
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Corporate Headhunters Limited – Our client, an award-winning, high impact, financially sustainable and highly scalable social enterprise, part-owned by the farmers they serve. Their organisation was created to specifically attract youth to agriculture and away from the looming instability of extremist groups.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Grants Associate
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reports To: Principal, Corporate Finance
- We are currently looking for a Grants Associate for our client. She/he will be managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for the organisation.
- Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results.
- Directly involve in grant writing by coordinating with grant writers or coordinators.
- Managing and supporting the grants requirement and implementation for the organisation.
- Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
- Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record.
- Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organisation.
- Supervise the fundraising team to ensure proper coordination of work.
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
- Oversee if other grant staff (coordinators, writers and administrators) is complying with their job responsibilities.
- Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process.
- Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement.
- Analyse the budget trends and make recommendations for cost control and reduction for various grants.
- Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organization’s progress.
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs.
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant related activities.
- Provide training to the new staff on grants management and reporting requirements.
- Designing grant programs and determining funding needs.
- Preparing and monitoring budgets, and managing timelines and deliverables.
- Be involved in all relevant 3rd party relationships including investors, banking relationships, auditors etc.
Methodical And Strategic Thinking:
- Devise a plan of action that will make the grants raising easy and feasible.
- Identify potential grant support from government agencies, foundations and corporations to meet the financial and operational needs of the organisation.
Grants and Budgeting Experience:
- Ability to perform grant research, grant writing, grant program design and implementation, compliance and grant reporting.
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong command over written and verbal communication.
- Good understanding of the organization’s overall business and its objectives.
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues.
- Ability to work within a team and provide support to the junior staff.
- Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in fast-paced star-up environment with dynamic business priorities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Grants Associate” as the subject of the mail.