- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Job level: Senior-level
Grade level: Aligns with country salary structure
Position type: Full-time staff position
Work Schedule: M-F; 8:30 AM – 5:00PM
Reports to: Director, Finance and Administration (Primary); Director, Health Programs UMB (HQ)
- This position requires substantial knowledge of Grants Management. S / he will work closely with the Director, Finance and Administration to coordinate and document the sub-grantee selection process, track sub-grantee actual expenditures against budgets, programmatic deliverables against grant agreements, Carry out regular trainings as needs arise from sub grantees and in conjunction with the Home Office, facilitate timely disbursement of funds to sub grantees and ensure that Nigeria G&C Management systems are fully up to date
Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Home Office Grants Management Team, develop and administer grant awards and award modification documents; negotiated memorandum of grant awards, grants management tools and system.
- In conjunction with the Home Office Grants Management team, coordinate and document the sub-grantee selection process.
- Review sub-grantee work plans, performance frameworks and budgets,
- Develop tools to track sub-grantee actual expenditures against budgets, programmatic deliverables against grant agreements.
- Where necessary perform data verification activities and support sub- grantee to the maintain the necessary records and files for audit purpose
- Ensure timely training of sub-grantees to understand and comply fully with donor standards.
- Carry out regular trainings as needs arise from sub grantees and in conjunction with the Home Office, facilitate timely disbursement of funds to sub grantees.
- Ensure that Nigeria G&C Management systems are fully up to date.
- Support the compilation of timely and quality proposals, reports and contract modification requests for submission to donors and consortium partners.
- Work with the Compliance Manager in monitoring compliance with donor procedures throughout the grant cycle and building capacity of new and existing staff on internal accountability tools and donor procedures.
- Proactively follow-up on donor contractual obligations, from contracting to dosing and archiving, and ensuring contractual obligations are known and understood by relevant staff / departments.
- Support the Country Director in preparing for meetings with donors by providing briefing papers and accompanying to meetings as requested.
- Support the development of communication materials targeting donors and other external partners.
- Actively monitor and identify funding opportunities from donors, new institutional donors, funding from foundations and private donors as well as co-funding opportunities.
- Coordinate dialogues between departments in response to proposal design and review proof-read and finalize proposal narratives and budgets before submission to HQ, ensuring compliance with internal and donor requirements, in close consultation with other departments.
- Introduce or disseminate tools and methodologies to improve project implementation follow-up / good grant management.
- Contribute to reviewing terms of contract with donors or prime recipients before signature.
- Monitor validation by the donor of final reports and last payment – closure of the grant.
- Collaborate with the coordination team to ensure due diligence and vetting of potential partners is conducted.
- Work closely with all relevant departments to proactively and regularly monitor programmatic compliance in accordance with donor requirements (progress against indicators, project schedule, facilitate project review meetings).
- Ensure content (articles, pictures) are provided on a regular basis to the communication department and are compliant with contractual obligations
- Engage in other tasks as requested by the DFA and the Country Director.
- Minimum of B.Sc or HND in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics with ACA / ACCA / CPA Professional Accounting Qualifications.
- Minimum of 6 years cognate experience in grants accounting and sub award management.
- Experience with accounting standards / practices of international organization a strong plus.
- Working Knowledge of ERP, 365 and related packages.
- Strong Knowledge of the OMB Circulars in particular 2 CFR 200 and working knowledge of the US Federal Acquisitions Register
- At least 5 years’ experience in international development, international relations or related sector.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise in proposal and report writing, donor rules and regulations, validation procedures, coordination of processes.
- Experience in Project Cycle Management, theory of change and project implementation tools
- Ability to write donor reports and proposals in excellent English.
- Knowledge of key institutional donors, including CDC, USAID
- Fluency in English and additional advantage if fluent in Hausa and Kanuri
- Detail-oriented, organised, and able to manage urgent request and priorities;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context and be a team player
- Proven ability to work independently under minimal guidance, pressure and tight deadlines
- Problem solver with a work style that builds confidence in others.
- Required level of proficiency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).