Company: International Rescue Committee
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Procurement/ Purchasing
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 1-3 years
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Assistant
Requisition ID: req9680
Job Location: Monguno, Borno, Nigeria
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. IRC’s emergency response team, with local partner CISCOPE (civil society coalition for poverty eradication), implemented a project to support livelihoods and improve WASH in kogi state from February to May 2013.
- This was followed by a 3-month nutrition and food “security program in the same location from October 2013 to January 2014. IRC has been supporting programs in Adamawa state early 2014 and expanded into Maiduguri in late 2015.
- The headquarters for IRC Nigeria is in Abuja city and provide support for the field office from the head office.
- Procurement Assistant will play an important role in the Monguno field office by ensuring procurement-related activities such as market analysis, procurement of goods and services using established SOPs and enlighten IRC vendors on IRC policies and procedures.
- He /She will maintain a database of good and reliable suppliers for different categories of work
- The Procurement Assistant is responsible for facilitating the general aspects of IRC procurement operation. Working closely with Program, Administration, Finance and HR. The Procurement Assistant is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific policies
- Coordination with finance, Admin and program department to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full auditable support documents.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Work closely with the Procurement officer to process PRs, raise RFQs, PO’s and Contracts as per SOPs.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical professional working relationship with supplies
- Maintain supplier information regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions and ensure adequate documentation is maintained.
- Support and provide the appropriate training for procurement and program staff as required
- Manage procurement intern and procurement clerk.
- Advance the logistics manager of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by supply chain officer or your supervisor.
- Generate and /or maintain an IRC Pre-qualified vendor database and also Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for good, services and equipment purchased by IRC.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Snr. Area Manager and Supply Chain Manager
- Position directly supervises Supply Chain Intern.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Suppy Chain, Program and Finance team.
- External: Vendors
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or a Diploma in relevant field.
- Supply chain / logistics qualifications highly desirable.
- 1-2 years working experience
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- Advanced computer skills (MS word, excel, PowerPoint, and outlook.
- English and Hausa
- This position is located in Monguno and security situation is fluid and unpredictable.