Company: Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Logistics / Transportation/ Supply
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 1-3 years
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Logistics Assistant – Premises & Storage
Job Location: Abuja
Contract start date: 10th August, 2020
- The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
- The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119,913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
- In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
- In 2019, PUI will further develop its integrated approach by adding a WASH component to its comprehensive response. In parallel, PUI is continuously supporting the coordination mechanisms in North East Nigeria humanitarian crisis.
- The Logistics Assistant – Premises & Storage ensures and supports the Logistics Coordinator in activities linked to the day to day management of equipment, store, premises (cleaners and cooks) and reporting according to PUI standards and procedures in order to have the Abuja office in optimal running conditions.
- He / She works under direct supervision of the Coordination Logistics Officer
Responsibilities and Task
- Organize and supervise cleaning (and regular disinfection if necessary) of premises and storage spaces
- Ensure the staff collective space is in good working condition (tidiness, water, equipment functioning….)
- Check and supervise the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards…) and ensure that domestic waste is correctly discarded.
- Ensure the timely repair whenever needed in the Abuja office and guesthouse
- Ensure that all documentation for bills such as Electricity, DSTV etc are compiled and shared with the Logistics officer and submitted to procurement for payment
- Assist in codifying all PUI equipment according to PUI procedures
- Locate every equipment and check the availability of the equipment on a regular basis in all designated places
- On a regular basis check that all equipment are working properly (water dispenser, gas cooker, printer, scanner, micro vave, refrigerators…)
- Inform the line manager in case of equipment dysfunction under the cooks / cleaners responsibility
- Ensure that all the machine’s paper (printer, scanner) and water dispenser are full
- Supervise the loading and unloading of goods/materials
- Stand as the focal point for all issues regarding the warehouse/store for the coordinatiion office
- Ensure the formal communication linked to the store within the coordination office – stationeries and consumables
- Manage and organize the reception, storage and dispatch of all supplies at the Coordination base store
- Ensure all requests of stock are sent and delivered to the requesters in a timely manner
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties
- Monitor the quality of products at the time of reception, in coordination with the Supply-chain Team
- Regularly monitor the quality of products during storage. Pay special attention to expiration dates (if applicable)
- Plan warehouse layout and space requirements (to prevent loss or damage and achieve warehouse optimization) and organize the implementation
- Express his / her needs for daily workers to the Logistic Officer
- Assist with monthly rolling stock takes and the annual stock take, reconciling inventory records with physical counts and sharing the monthly report to the Logistic Officer
- Issue all required office items to staff
IT / Communication:
- Ensure daily monitoring of all internet modems and equipment to ensure they are operational and charged.
- Communicates maintenance needs of all IT equipment (computers, printers, e.t.c), to the IT Officer.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Give daily report to the Logistics Officer about the progress of the logistics activities
- Submit the monthly reports that apply to his / her domain to the Logistic Officer
- Archive and centralize logistics files related to his domain
Priorities pf the Department:
- Optimization of the assomodation and office space
- Ensure the premises safety
- Optimize stock, inventory and asset management
Qualification & Required Skills
- Language skills: Fluent inEnglish
- Education Degree: National Higher Diploma, or any University Degree in a related field
- Work experience: Minimum 1 year experience in a logistics department, preferably with an INGO
- Technical skills : Previous experience in general Logistics, premises and/or Inventory management, team management skills
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Ability to be multi-tasking and willing to extend his/her scope of work
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Independent worker, team player.
- Good management of time and of priorities
- Rigour, honesty and reliability
Click here for more information (MS Word)
Note: The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.