- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Insurance
An Insurance Brokerage firm established in 1994 and licensed by National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) to operate Life and General Insurances including Special Risks. The Company is also a Member of Nigeria Council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCRIB); a body established to regulate the activities of all registered insurance brokers in Nigeria.
In order to position itself for continual growth, progress and changes within the industry, the Company seeks to recruit a General Manager. We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven General Manager to direct, oversee and manage our organization’s business activities, people and ventures. To develop and implement effective business strategies and programs that will deliver sustained growth and profitability.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective marketing and retention strategy to promote the products and services of the Company.
- Act as a professional advisor to the Chairman & Board on all aspects of the organizations activities keep them aware of key developments within the industry.
- Oversee daily business operations, review administration processes and routines to increase efficiency and productivity of staff members and recommend changes as may deem fit.
- Expand the Company client portfolio by generating new business while maintaining existing clients.
- Draft policies for Board approval and ensure the Company stays abreast of changes to keep its competitive edge.
- Ensure that Company operations, policies and practices are compliant with the laws and regulations and in line with industry standards.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of underwriting and claims units in the organization.
- Responsible for managing, coach and train key members of staff and heads of units/departments.
- Be an advocate of the brand at all times by building and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders both internal and external.
Skills/ Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a thorough and superior knowledge of the Industry.
- Have between 5-10yrs hands-on experience at mid to senior Management level within the Insurance industry.
- Excellent and Proven leadership, communication, problem solving, people management and organisational skills.
- Good level of proficiency in Information Technology skills especially, PowerPoint, Excel & Word packages.
- Must possess a University degree in Insurance, Business Management or other relevant discipline.
- Must be Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) qualified at Advance level (ACIIN)
Personal Characteristics & Attributes
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, highly motivated, confident and smart with good interpersonal traits. You must be reliable, disciplined, outspoken and able to influence people.
- Have a high level of honesty, integrity and trust.
- Have a positive and enthusiastic disposition as well as a can do attitude.
Method of Application
This job has expired. Application is no longer allowed