- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 7 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Open To: All qualified candidates
Opening Date: Monday 13th July 2020
Closing Date: Monday 27th July 2020
Duration: 8 months
Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Position Summary: This position is contingent on award of funding. The Gender and Women’s Economic Empowerment Manager will support the design and implementation of project activities that will provide a national comprehensive baseline landscape of women’s groups and more specifically Women Empowerment Collectives numbers, number of members, composition of Savings Group’s (male/female) geographic distribution including geolocation. The information will support the evolution of women’s group into platforms that can drive women’s empowerment outcomes.
Program Management and Quality Strengthening Responsibility:
- Provide ongoing supervision, leadership, support, guidance on all Women Economic Empowerment activities on the project.
- Guide and monitor a landscaping team in mainstreaming gender and WEE to ensure accountability on the project for all gender and WEE activities.
- Provide technical and strategic management to the projects, especially in the areas of gender equality, women’s rights and economic empowerment, and support staff to do the same.
- Ensure high level advocacy visits are conducted to the targeted women’s groups for effective collaboration.
- Provide support to the Results Measurement teams to develop gender analysis mapping of women’s groups, savings group and women empowerment groups.
- Incorporate gender and inclusion approaches in all project activities, including research and data collection
- Support in the collection of data on women’s economic empowerment outcomes, groups and initiatives.
- Assess current interventions in various WEE geographical location, and in collaboration with the team, gather and analyse gender data
- Conduct gender analysis at program outset and incorporate findings in work plan and baseline data for ongoing monitoring and learning purposes;
- Provide guidance to Project Director and team on gender issues across all project activities
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with project staff, Community of practice WEC members and donor.
- Lead the preparation of high-quality narrative & reports to ensure accountability to donors
- Support in the collection of data on all Women Empowerment Collectives ( Savings groups and initiatives)
- Develop key policy recommendation to strengthen socio-economic resilience for women during and post COVID-19 crisis
- Develop research work in collaboration with team and contribute inputs to all donor related reporting mechanisms.
- An advanced degree (Master’s or doctorate) in social sciences, gender studies, community development, peacebuilding or other relevant field (advanced degree preferred);
- Minimum of seven years’ relevant professional experience managing and implementing development activities, including those related to gender integration and inclusion;
- Experience in gender analysis and gender equality activity design;
- Experience collecting data and reporting on Women’s economic empowerment outcomes in Nigeria.
- Programming experience in areas such as women’s rights and women’s economic development
- Expertise in women’s groups (working directly with women and women groups) and WECs methodologies.
- Knowledge of research and operational priorities, opportunities and evidence gaps related to women economic empowerment.
- Experience networking with government and non-government organizations in Nigeria to learn and exchange information about women economic empowerment and to coordinate with other important activities.
- Experience managing and implementing programs related prevention of sexual and gender-based violence and child- and early forced marriage preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others;
- Experience with gender analysis highly desired;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; and
- Ideally, the candidate will also have worked donor programs and be familiar with various approach to gender sensitivity and inclusion
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume/CV and cover letter on their suitability to: [email protected] The deadline for submission is close of business on Monday 27th July 2020, however applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All CV’s/resume/applications MUST be in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.