- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Abuja, with travel throughout the country
- EnCompass seeks Gender and Inclusive Development candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) program in Nigeria
- This anticipated 5-year project will provide USAID / Nigeria with a central platform for the procurement of support services that will strengthen, support, and facilitate USAID’s capacity for utilizing MEL approaches that will improve development outcomes and strengthen the capacity of USAID / Nigeria’s strategic partners
- It is also anticipated that this project will seek to improve USAID’s ability to monitor and track the performance of their in-country portfolio, along with the Mission’s ability to collaborate, learn, and adapt (CLA) across this portfolio.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- The Gender and Inclusive Development Specialist will provide expertise in inclusive programming to technical assistance activities, ensuring the effective integration of gender – and vulnerability – sensitive approaches
- Such duties may include designing and conducting gender analysis and assessments; supporting monitoring and evaluation; preparing high-quality reports and technical resources; conducting fieldwork; and designing and facilitating face-to-face and virtual trainings related to gender equality and female empowerment.
- Graduate Degree in Gender Studies, International Development, Organizational Development, Social Science or a related field preferred
- No less than five (5) years of demonstrated experience in gender analysis, gender integration, and / or gender-based violence, with preference for work on USG-funded activities, preferably in Nigeria or West Africa
- Demonstrated experience applying a variety of participatory and strengths-based learning design and delivery approaches, blended learning and evidence-based learning theory desirable but not required
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or capacity building highly preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Ability to work with host-country governments at different levels
- Substantial experience in managing a team using mixed research methods of similar magnitude
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Strong familiarity with USAID CLA practices preferred
- Understanding of gender norms and social constraints in the Nigerian context required
- Nigerian citizens strongly encouraged to apply
- Familiarity with USAID/Nigeria Mission is preferred
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written English skills; capabilities in local language(s) highly preferred.
Method of Application
Note: Nigerian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified? Go to EnCompass on app.ismartrecruit.com to apply