- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Cross River
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Length of Placement: 6 Months
Start Date: September, 2020
The Volunteer’s Role
- Are you passionate about gender equality and reducing discrimination against women? If so, this might be the role for you!
- As the Gender Advisor you will work closely with the project team to develop the capacity of local partners to support and strengthen women organizations and movements that advance women’s rights, gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Apply to this position and help women to find a safe place and help empower them to overcome past experiences.
As a Volunteer, you will:
- Provide technical support for the development of advocacy strategies for the partner organization
- Assess and map gaps in existing knowledge management and learning structures in the organization in line with FIAP-SHARE Action Area 1.
- Work with the partner organization to develop comprehensive processes and systems to create, acquire, capture, share and use knowledge to enable learning.
- Support the partner organization in Gender related program development and fundraising strategies.
- Coach and mentor relevant staff of partner organization on the implementation and delivery of Gender Equality and Social Inclusion initiatives.
Essential Academic Qualifications
- University Degree in a relevant area (Social Sciences, Gender Studies)
Essential Professional Background:
- Experience in the development of operational plans and strategies.
- English Level 4 – Advanced
Cuso International covers the following costs:
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- Modest living allowance while overseas
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while overseas and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and in-country training orientation.
Method of Application
Note: This position is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only.
Interested and qualified? Go to Cuso International on www.linkedin.com to apply