- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience None
- Location Borno
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Job ID: MDG / GBV / 03
Locations: MMC (Maiduguri Metropolitan City), Jere, Mafa & Kondoga LGAs of Borno State
The WGSS Facilitator will be responsible for organizing and implementing group psychosocial activities at the women center including skills acquisition, knowledge building activities and recreational activities.
- In coordination with beneficiaries, identify relevant skills building and recreational activities to be conducted at the women friendly spaces and draw up a schedule for activity implementation
- In coordination with volunteers / partners a weekly schedule for activities in the women center.
- Identify and make a requisition for all materials required to conduct Women Friendly Space activities
- Organize feedback sessions each quarter with beneficiaries of WGSS activities to identify strengths and weaknesses of the space and identify solutions for sharing with GBV manager for improvement.
- Coordinate with the case worker to ensure survivors who have been referred to the women center receive timely and quality services.
- In coordination with the GBV Manager, identify barriers to GBV and develop subsequent messages to overcome the barriers
- In coordination with women, leaders IOM/SEMA/NEMA organize and oversee the implementation on calendar day celebrations such as 16 days of activism, international women’s day, day of the African child, international day of the girl child etc.
- Conduct training and coaching sessions for volunteers / partners to deliver appropriate GBV messages to community members.
- Supervise community volunteers / partners during field work to ensure correct GBV messages are disseminated to the community.
- Conduct weekly meetings with volunteers / partners to collect sensitization reports, develop messages for the following week.
- Organize and implement bi weekly discussions with men in the community on GBV related topics
- Organize and implement monthly discussion sessions with adolescents on GBV related topics
- Compile weekly and monthly WFS activity reports
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualification and Experience
- Educated to university level (First degree or HND preferably in social science or a related field)
- Hausa Language required; English language preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others
- Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Experience facilitating group activities an asset
- Previous training/experience in GBV programming an asset
- Comfort in living and working in Maiduguri
- This is a woman-only position. Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV addressing it to “The Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” to: [email protected]
- Candidates MUST state the position JOB ID ( MDG/GBV/04) and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- We are an equal opportunity organization Borno State Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Nigerian nationals only
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted