- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Borno
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting date: September, 2020
Duration of contract: 6 Months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
General Context of the Job/Project
The overall aim of the position is to assist the food security officer, coordinate and manage a timely and effective food security assistance project in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements:
- To support the implementation of NHF FSS Project by assisting the food security officer in undertaking programme activities (community mobilization, verification, registration, food distribution, monitoring and evaluation).
- The role also includes assisting the food security officer in planning and coordination of distribution activities, food distribution planning and reporting.
- Adhere to SHO policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines, policies and procedures
- Assist in all the beneficiary identification, registration, verification and distribution of food.
- Supervise casual labourers
- Conduct training and sensitisation activities related to food distributions and nutrition.
- Assist in Planning, supervising and monitoring training, awareness and sensitisation activities, including maintenance and verification of all supporting documentation and activities (e.g. pre- and post-tests).
- Assist in Maintaining records of all activities, in order to complete timely reports for DRC and for external actors, including donors.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor all food distribution-related activities, including screening, referrals and follow up.
- Assist the Livelihoods officer in project documentation.
- Promote the rights of displaced people and affected populations, explore and assess new and better ways to provide timely, effective and appropriate assistance.
- Assist in gap analysis, needs assessment, conducting registration, receiving commodities and distributing to beneficiaries in locations adversely affected by the conflict.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Food Security Project Coordinator.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of University Degree in Nutrition, Humanities, Health or another relevant degree
- Minimum one year of experience in NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Proven professional experience working with NGO at a relevant position e.g enumerator, monitor, field and community worker.
- Experience working for NGOs and/ or in Camp setting is a must.
- Experience Working in Northeast Nigeria is a Must
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Written and spoken fluency in English, Hausa, Kanuri or additional fluency in other local languages an added advantage.
- Ability and Willingness to follow instructions.
- SHO reserve the right to close the application before the deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) via Email to: [email protected] indicating the “Job Position” as subject of the e-mail.
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than five pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- SHO considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Please clearly indicate the Job position on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, SHO will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about SHO, please consult: www.salientho.org