- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 4 years
- Location Oyo
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
We are looking for a committed accounting professional with 2 – 5 years of experience in NGO/non-profit accounting to join our team. Our choice will be a candidate with at least a first degree in Accounting. Professional qualification in addition to that will also be a plus.
We are a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Oyo State, Nigeria. We support poor and vulnerable individuals and communities to activate some of the changes they would like to see in their community and lives
Our strategies are varied with participatory communication leading.
- We are looking for a committed accounting professional with significant experience in NGO/non-profit accounting to join our team as a Finance Officer to oversee financial management across sites in Oyo State. He/she will work with, train, and oversee finance-related activities across projects and worksites and report directly to the Executive Director.
- Ensure that the organisation’s financial system runs properly in order to process financial information and generate accurate reports.
- Ensure that internal controls are maintained at an acceptable level.
- Ensure compliance with our financial policies, procedures set out in this Manual, and any additional donor compliance requirements.
- Ensure timely preparation of all internal and external financial reports.
- Work with Executive Director on projects and general budgeting.
- Be responsible for all aspects of cash management including:
- Monitoring accounts receivables, processing of staff payroll, and collection of debt and managing pre-payments.
- Mentor/coach, appraise and supervise the other finance staff.
- Ensure that internal financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated in a timely manner.
- At least 2 years experience in NGO/non-profit accounting and financial management. Please describe the required experience in a short cover letter. Candidates with more experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- HND and/or B.Sc. in accounting is mandatory.
- Working familiarity with relevant international standards is essential.
- Professional certification a significant plus.
- Experience working with Quickbooks accounting software is preferred
- Supervision/management experience a plus.
- An annual salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience in the range of 600,000 to 900,000 Niara per annum with other benefits upon confirmation of employment.
How to Apply:
- Please apply with a CV with referee details and cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.