- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Borno
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
Job Number: 200005AK
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Fixed Term
- Save the Children has been working in Nigeria since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, SC is working in 20 states focusing on child survival, education and protecting children in both development and humanitarian contexts. The humanitarian response started in 2014 with Save the Children among one of the first responders to the conflict.
- The ongoing conflict in the North East continues to increase population displacements, restrict income-generating opportunities, limit trade flows and escalating food prices. As a result of the reduced food availability and access, local and IDP populations in worst-affected areas of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states continue to experience food gaps, in line with crisis (IPC Phase 4) acute food insecurity, with an estimated 4,6M people in Phase 3-5 (Cadre Harmonizé (CH) Analysis).
The Scope of Role
- The Enumerator will support the MEAL team to carry out fieldwork and other research/assessment activities, which may be required for the program’s functioning and strategy.
- The Enumerator’s contract is on a need-for-work basis and is not a full-time role.
- The Enumerator, working under the supervision of a MEAL Officer will be responsible for administering questionnaires to beneficiaries in rural communities in Northern Nigeria, as well as providing important feedback on programs field research activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Enumerator will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in collecting data as per the program requirements for its different sites which may include anthropometric measurements, focus group discussion, key informant interviews and one on one interview with respondents based on questionnaires developed and supplied by the MEAL team.
- Gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires using mobile data collection tool (Kobo Collect)
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed.
- Submit completed questionnaires and other equipment used in fieldwork to the research supervisor and will, if required to do so, compile his/her findings in a format required by the program
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field research activities
- Enumerators will work in the field under the guidance and supervision of the MEAL and program Officers who will report to the MEAL Coordinator/Manager.
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or its equivalent.
- Previous experience in conducting Nutrition, Health, WASH, FSL and Education assessments.
- Experience in mobile data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews, data collection and data entry
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences
- Fluency in speaking and understanding English, Kanuri and Hausa.
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the program
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Northern Nigeria.
- Accuracy: Must be able to interpret and record responses appropriately without distorting the respondent is meaning or confusing the reader.
- Endurance: Must be able to work for a full day working hours in the field across a number of days.
- The contract is based on a “need for work” basis and remuneration will be paid based on the number of days engaged.
- The Enumerator may not work or be reimbursed for days beyond the maximum approved work days without prior written approval from SCI management.
- In some cases, due to nature of some surveys, enumerators may be engaged to work on Saturdays and Sundays with approval from team lead.
Method of Application
- Please attach your CV/Resume, a maximum of three pages, and a page covering letter explaining how your skills and experiences match those needed for this post
- Please ensure that you include the names and full contact details of three referees on your CV. Also, ensure you include your language skills in your CV/resume.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
Interested and qualified? Go to Save The Children on stcuk.taleo.net to apply