- Job Type Full Time
- Experience None
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Catering / Confectionery
We are looking for a reliable Executive Chef to oversee the kitchen/ Cafeteria by managing other members of the food preparation team, deciding what dishes to serve, deciding food quality and adjusting orders to meet customer’s requests, who is very experienced in cooking both local and intercontinental dishes and can train others to do same to ensure consistency.
- Design the menu, review food and beverage purchases, and often train cooks and other food preparation workers. Primarily handle administrative tasks in the kitchen.
- Creates unique dishes that inspire guests to come back again and again to see what is new in the cafeteria.
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same.
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have a positive experience.
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy.
- Directs, cooks, prepares or supervises cooking and other food preparation activities on a daily basis.
- Coordinate all food purchasing, budgeting and planning operations with other staff members.
- Monitor and oversee sanitation practices to ensure that regulations and standards of cleanliness are always being strictly adhered to by employees.
- Develop recipes and determine how to present dishes.
- Analyze recipes and make menu changes when necessary to keep customers happy and to minimize overhead costs when possible.
- Establish production and staff schedules to ensure that there is sufficient help at all times to ensure timely delivery of food services.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers.
Training in Culinary Arts
- Knowledge of food-related curriculum and training techniques
- Sound knowledge of food safety regulations.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Must be able to collaborate with others to complete work; can be relied upon to organize workload; performs tasks as assigned in a professional manner; set appropriate priorities and be responsible for own work.
Method of Application
Send CV using Executive Chef stating number of years of experience as an Executive Chef as subject of your email to: [email protected] not later than Friday 7th August 2020. Example: Executive Chef (6 years)
Interviews will be held as soon as possible. Position to resume immediately after the pre-employment exercise.