- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Borno
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Webcruiter ID: 4282992621
Employer: Norwegian Refugee Council
Reports to: The Emergency Response Officer
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja.
- NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education, Camp Coordination, and Camp Management (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- NRC is looking for an Emergency Responses Assistant for our field office in Maiduguri, Borno State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Emergency Response Assistant is to assist in the implementation and impact of Emergency Response activities in North-East Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out needs assessments and support beneficiary identification, selection and registration of selected beneficiaries
- Support delivery and distribution of assistance to selected beneficiaries
- Support on ad hoc basis daily workers for data collection/enumerators
- Monitor displacement trends and arrival of newly displaced person’s
- Monitor market prices for basic commodities
- Assist with post-distribution monitoring data collection and analysis
- Other duties as directed from time to time
- IT tools experience
- Experience in conducting field-level data collection
- Experience in participating in distributions of humanitarian materials
- University Degree in relevant course
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: September 2020
- Duration: 4 months (Renewable, depending on availability of funds)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with 70% frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri to all NRC field locations is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Method of Application
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) on 23109900.webcruiter.no to apply