Company: a Global Energy Company
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Education / Teaching / Training
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 10-15 years
Location(s): Abuja, Enugu, Lagos, Rivers (PH)
A Global Energy Company at the forefront of Operations & Maintenance Services for Oil, Gas and Power Plant facilities worldwide is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Electrical Trainer
Job Location: Nigeria
Organization and management skills:
- Coordinates the training process of the Electrical section personnel to ensure a highly competent maintenance team for the plant.
- Designs, develops, delivers and revises technical and safety training modules and courses that provide for both theoretical and on-the-job and safety training,
- Manages course material (print out, distribution…)
- Guide the trainee how to determine fault skillfully and apply appropriate method of repair and maintenance,
- Provides analysis and determines training needs and gaps for individuals and groups and makes recommendations for solutions to bridge the gaps,
- Assesses trainees’ competency requirements, certifies personnel as per level of competency,
- Identify Electrical staff training needs develop training plan and ensure implementation,
- Carryout competency assessment and verification, monitor and follow up progress and maintain accurate record of their progress, attendance and punctuality,
- Establishes and maintains contacts with external training providers and service partners,
- Assists in development of standard operating procedures, policy and practice regarding training & development,
- Provide feedback to training section,
- Assists with monitoring and controlling training budgets.
- Basic Electricity: Safety, Electron theory, Concepts of Electricity Batteries, Inductance, Capacitance, Resistance & Ohms Law etc…
- Fundamentals of Electricity: Electric Motor Principle, A.C & D.C Motors, Measurement of Current & Voltage Generation & Distribution Three Phase circuits & Protection and Electrical Safety and Maintenance Training Craft theory Earthing Cables Cable termination Testing & Inspection Diode Rectifier Filter Schematic & Wiring diagram, Thyristors, Power Electronic devices. Earthing, Cables, Cable termination Testing & Inspection Diode Rectifier Filter Schematic & Wiring diagram, Thyristors, Power Electronic devices etc.,)
- Power Systems: Transmission lines, Switch gear& ‘protection, Gas and Steam power generation, Circuit breakers, Relays, HV1LV Transformers, Gas insulated substations.
- Power Electronics: Full-wave & Half wave rectifiers, Inverters, Cyclo converters, Choppers, HVDC Transmission, AC & DC drives. Programmable motors, Universal motors.
- Electrical Measurements & Instrumentation: A.C & D.C power measurement, KW hour meters, Voltmeters, Ammeters, LCR meters, Safety alarms.
- Switchgear & Protection Distance Protection, Earth protection, Voltage and Current Protection, Thermal Overload relays, SPDT & DPST relays, ABB make low voltage electronic relays (Termistor relays, timer relays, monitoring relays, safety relays, interface relays, solid-state relays)
- Electrical software: MATLAB Simulink, PSPICE, PSIM, ECAD
- Higher National Diploma (HND), or equivalent, level in Electrical Engineering is essential,
- 10 years as Maintenance Supervisor in the Petrochemical industry with 2 years’ experience as a Trainer with emphasis on On-Job-Training (OJT),
- Knowledgeable in workplace learning and or competence-based training and assessment would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication, both written and oral, and presentation skills,
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines,
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills,
- Strong PC skills to include proficiency iii Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint,
- Ability to operate related computer software and business equipment including 10-key, telephone, VCR/DVD player, LCD &/or overhead projector, and other related training aids.
- Interested candidates should have proven sense of responsibilities and a talent for management, rigorous and methodical approach to operations. Must show common sense and be able to anticipate and analyse.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email