- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification NCE
- Experience None
- Location Benue , Cross River , Kogi
- Job Field Driving  , Logistics
Reports to: Operations Manager
Slot: 3 Openings
- The Driver / Logistics Assistant is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the means of transport like buses, vans, trucks and the drivers of the organization.
- S(h)e sees to it that staff members are safe, and makes sure that they don’t face any transportation-related problems. They will need to ensure compliance with the organization’s and the national legal guidelines for operations of automobiles, maintenance, and care of company vehicles.
- S(he) should be familiar with the organizations goods and supplies needs, and support the movement of these goods and products within the organizations supported sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for dispatching the proper loading of program vehicles;
- Must adhere to security and operational procedures;
- Ensures that vehicle log books are properly filled by drivers every month and submitted to Finance for review;
- Performs duties of the transport department and any other related duties whenever required;
- Provides mentor-ship for all drivers to ensure their driving skills are up to standard;
- Gives timely reports on the working condition of company vehicles and equipment;
- Responsible for filing reports for any delay, incident or accident;
- Keeps communication open with drivers, day program staff, staff members etc regarding transportation means;
- Coordinates the maintenance and repair of vehicles on a timely manner;
- Must oversee and schedule the day to day activities of transportation employees (drivers);
- Will be required to serve as a driver.
- Basic technical knowledge of automobiles, as he has to write reports on the working condition of the company transport means;
- Good organizational skills in order to coordinate and see that all the employees are getting their transport on time.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a National diploma or NCE
- Possession of a valid Driving license including class D vehicles
- Possession of certificate in logistics and fleet management an added advantage;
- Over five years of driving experience in a reputable organization.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS.PowerPoint.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: [email protected] Kindly indicate the “Position and location” you are applying for as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS Word format
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer