- Job Type Full Time
- Experience 2 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Driving
INSO Nigeria Country Office
Since becoming registered in Nigeria, INSO has developed a strong country wide approach, supporting NGOs working on Lake Chad Basin Crisis from all neighbouring countries. The coordination office operates from Abuja
overseeing two operational offices in Maiduguri, Nigeria and in Maroua, Cameroon.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join our team as a Driver to be based in Abuja.
The purpose of this position is to ensure the timely transporting of goods and persons safely toward their destination. Also, the Driver will support basic administration management, such as procurement and purchases. This position reports to the INSO Logistics and Procurement Officer.
- Operates INSO vehicles as directed by the Logistics and Procurement Officer.
- Assists the Logistics and Procurement Officer in travel and Fleet Management.
- Assists the Logistics and Procurement Officer in Procurement processes, including purchase, accommodation and travels.
- Maintains high standard of service to both internal and external guests
- Ensures punctuality and safe transport
- Observes the road, traffic laws and regulations of Nigeria
- Ensures safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Ensures alcohol must not be consumed or present while on duty
Car Security & Maintenance
- Ensures vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition always.
- Ensures vehicle is always kept secured.
- Ensures vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Ensures vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications.
- Prepares and submits vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month.
- Assists the Logistics and Procurement Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule.
Car Logbook Maintenance
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, etc.
- Provides assistance to the Administrative team, including but not limited to:
- Facilitating immigration and customs formalities as per requirements
- Delivering goods and correspondences, carrying parcels, packages, delivery and collection of official documents as per required
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
- 2 years’ work experience as a Driver.
- Valid Driving License and existing ability to drive 4×4 vehicles with manual gear.
- Basic knowledge of administrative processes.
- Fluent in spoken and written English; Hausa is a plus.
- Computer literate.
2 years’ work experience in INGO as a driver.
Key Personal Competencies
- A good listener
- A good communicator
- Ability to Prioritize and work with less supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Only candidates meeting the mentioned criteria are invited to apply by sending their file to the email address: [email protected], writing in the subject of the mail: “INSO Driver – Abuja”. Closing date is 20th January 2021.
In order to be considered the application must contain the following documents:
Curriculum Vitae (up to 3 pages maximum)
Cover Letter specifying how your profile and experience meet the mandatory requirements.