- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
- The Document Management Assistant is responsible managing all of the documents and records while ensuring their accuracy, quality and integrity.
- His/her responsibilities will include creating new policies and procedures that deal with storage, sharing, sending and destruction of documents.
- He/she will evaluate existing management systems and procedures in order to assess how effective and efficient they are and update accordingly. Detailed descriptions are highlighted below:
- Monitor regulatory activities to ensure continued and timely compliance with regulatory authorities and other associated bodies.
- Retrieve documents or electronic assets from storage for distribution to users, collecting and returning to storage, if necessary.
- Prepare support documentation and associated collaterals/materials for end users and team members.
- Prepare and record changes to official documents and confirm changes with legal and compliance management staff.
- Exercise security, confidentiality, legitimacy and adequacy over document processing, reproduction, distribution, storage, or archiving.
- Implement scanning or other automated data entry procedures, using imaging devices and document imaging software.
- Identify and classify documents or other electronic content according to characteristics such as competence and functions.
- Process, catalogue, organize, and streamline, indexing documents in accordance with employee and client requirements.
- Liaise with team members as appropriate, on project issues including providing copies of regulatory, compliance and other statutory documents to colleagues as requested.
- Develop, document, or maintain standards, best practices, and system usage procedures
- Handle any other task as may be assigned by the managers
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Sciences, Social Sciences or Management Sciences.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years post NYSC experience with at least one year experience as a technical or document management assistant.
- Must be fluent in both writing and spoken English
Technical and Behavioural Requirements:
- Proficiency in use of Corel draw, Photoshop and other graphic design packages
- The ideal candidate must illustrate excellent oral communication, office management, report writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- The ideal candidate must be discreet, decisive, creative, innovative, diligent and able to pay attention to details.
- Success in this role demands high level of confidentiality, integrity and flexibility
- The ideal candidate must provide intelligent and insightful feedback
- The ideal candidate must be able to work under pressure
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. The cover letter should among other things describe your fit for this role.