- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- The DevOps Specialist will work collaboratively with software engineers to deploy and operate systems, help automate and streamline operations and processes as well as build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues in dev, test and production environments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The DevOps Engineer will carry out these functions:
- Build independent web based tools, microservices and solutions.
- Utilize various open source technologies to implement integrations requested by customers.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash etc; Develop scripts to automate visualization.
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc.
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions.
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT.
- Deploy updates and fixes.
Previous work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role specifically:
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Engineering or related field.
- 5+years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure.
- Sound understanding of how various systems work and how IT operations are managed.
- Hands-on experience with Terraform and JSON.
- Proven experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo & Elasticsearch.
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages.
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
Why Join Us?
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- Exceptional governance structure.
- Forward thinking result oriented culture.
- Smart and passionate colleagues.
- Flexible work environment.
- We welcome interaction with brilliant minds.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Descasio – Nigeria on www.linkedin.com to apply