- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Lagos Mainland, Lagos
- The Development Manager is required for a portfolio of current and prospective donors who will advance the necessary cultivation, solicitation, proposal preparation, and leadership activities necessary to maintain and grow the organization’s fundraising efforts in Nigeria.
- The Development Manager will lead the implementation of the company’s development and fundraising strategy in Nigeria and increase the company’s contributed revenue with a focus on grants and/or unrestricted gifts from foundations, corporations, government, and individuals.
- More specifically, the role holder responsibilities would oversee proposals, grants, strategy and also implement partnerships development coordination for team members to ensure consistent and successful execution of deliverables.
Develop, Manage, and Convert Fundraising Pipeline:
- Conduct pipeline research on prospective donors to prioritize fundraising opportunities. Donors include institutional, corporate, and family foundations, government funding programs, and individual donors.
- Collaborate with programmatic initiatives and internal departments to effectively design fundraising programs and proposals.
- Oversee and manage a multi-year calendar of funding deadlines including Letters Of Inquiry, proposals, reports, and other key major donor communications.
- Compile concept papers, proposals, and reports that effectively communicate the organization’s mission, vision, and key activities that highlight the connection and alignment to donor interests and priorities.
- Attainment of targeted increase in revenue from grants and donations
- Work closely with the Country Director to develop and implement the fundraising strategy to meet the needs of the company’s annual and mid- long term goals.
- Create key, performance-based fundraising metrics upon which program success can be evaluated and adjusted, as needed.
- Guide donor communications strategy to ensure consistent brand message and help to develop collateral materials.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with current and potential corporate, foundation, government funders.
- Present funding opportunities to grantors/donors/prospects in support of the organization’s overall mission, programs, and other initiatives that may arise.
- Develop and oversee the individual donor giving program including recurring giving program, planned giving program, capital campaigns, and other major fundraising drives
- Manage donor management database and maintain data integrity.
- 3-5 years relevant working experience preferably non-profit programs and fundraising
- Minimum of First’s Degree from any recognized institution
- Member of relevant marketing/business development professional bodies.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, and demonstrates creativity in fundraising approach.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated interpersonal communication skills (especially as it relates to donor management).
- Superior organizational and time management skills; detail-oriented.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly, absorb loads of complex information, and condense it for donors and other audiences to understand.
- Excellent relationship-building and solicitation skills, with the ability to interact with a variety of internal and external professionals.
- Experience working with high-net-worth individuals and proven ability to raise significant five- and six-figure gifts from individuals, family foundations, government programs, and major corporations.
- Experience using Salesforce software for donor management a plus.
- Willingness to occasionally travel as required locally and internationally.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
N2,400,000 – N3,000,000 annually.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] stating the position applied for as subject of the email.