White Soul Motors Limited is a subsidiary of White Soul Investment Ltd, a company incorporated under the Company and Allied Matters Act, 1997. We are a leading player in automobile sales industry, providing accessible and affordable vehicles and maintenance services tailored to meet specific requirements.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Business Manager
- We are looking to engage the services of a Business Manager to join our team and help us continue our tradition of unparalleled customer satisfaction.
- As an ideal candidate, you have a track record of outstanding managerial experience. You’ve previously managed day-to-day operational activities, including sales, operations, and accounting processes.
- You’re a motivated leader who thrives on creating a climate of inclusion, trust, and productivity.
- Ultimately, you’re responsible for continuing the success of our daily business practices – and ushering in a new era of growth.
Key Functions of the Role:
- Assess and identify new opportunities for growth in current and prospective markets.
- Promote the company’s products and services
- Establish the company’s goals and objectives.
- Prepare a comprehensive budget that delivers the greatest value to the business.
- Leverage market data to drive company growth.
- Work with other managers to create long-term company strategy.
- Solve customer needs and concerns through product innovations
- Perform regular employee evaluations to determine areas of improvement.
- Design business strategies and plans to meet the company goals.
- Make sure that the company has sufficient resources such as personnel, material, and equipment.
- Develop a comprehensive company budget and perform periodic budget analyses.
- Ensure all company activities adhere to legal guidelines and policies.
- Design daily operational programs that produce organizational objectives
- Manage employee activities, providing suitable resources
- Establish and grow relationships with appropriate partners
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Management or other related fields.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a management position.
- Proven experience with business and strategy development processes.
- Outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the latest business policies and regulations.
- Demonstrable analytical thinking & business insight.
- Must be agile
- Outstanding poise in a fast-paced business environment
- Superior leadership skills, with a focus in employee coaching and development
- Great sales skills.
Job Title: Workshop Manager
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- The Workshop manager is will manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop.
- It requires the job holder to co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
Key Functions of the Role
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
- Assist with quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
- Provide oversight and check job estimates.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices.
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns.
- Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Identify client’s needs and explain/demonstrate our services to them, which may involve technical descriptions of products and the way they may be used.
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquiries.
- Provide feedback to staff that is not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of trends in performance.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
- Maintains a database and records of materials (spare parts, e.tc.) on-premises in the store.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with people at various levels.
- Project management experience.
- People management skills.
- Computer literacy
- Quality and productivity-focused
- Minimum of 7 years experience
Job Title: Head of Safety
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- White Soul, a highly reputable logistics company looking to engage the services of a Head of safety to facilitate compliance with health and safety guidelines.
- The ideal candidate would be responsible for providing advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations, constantly on the lookout for violations and largely focused on prevention.
- The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies and help achieve the organizational goals which includes establishing a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
Key Functions of the Role
- Support the development of safety policies and programs
- Advise and train all other personnel on various safety-related topics i.e. PPE, etc
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation and clients’ standards
- Initiate and organize health and safety training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the our client relationships
- Ensure equipment is installed safely
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- B.Sc / BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Min of 7 years of experience working as a Health and Safety Supervisor
- Experience in the transport/logistics industry is a must
- Must be located in Calabar or willing to relocate
- Proven experience as safety officer
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- Must be agile
Job Title: Client Representative
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- The Client Rep reports to the Operations Manager and is is responsible for the effective management and coordination of a fleet of drivers and vehicles at the clients’ site.
- He/ She also manages and ensures a cordial relationship with the company’s clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct physical and mechanical evaluation of trucks at the clients’ site in order to ensure they are safe for the transport of client’s goods and also meet up with truck standard requirements of clients
- Follow up with trucks in transit to ensure they meet delivery timeline and flag off any issues immediately
- Ensure trucks successfully pass the VIO check point
- Receive customer waybill and schedule trucks at allocated destinations
- Ensure trucks enter for loading after scheduling, conduct strict check inside and outside parking plant looking out for variance in weight
- Initiallize order on logon app to ensure ease of closure of transaction
- Indicate smooth loading in logistics schedule daily
- Record weight of trucks, reconcile trips and provide hourly updates on designated platforms
- Assist in educating drivers on client’s safety policy and other requirements
- Ensure drivers comply with clients’ safety policies at all times while in the clients’ premises
- Coordinate truck drivers at client’s site before, during and after consignment loading/offloading to avoid disruption of operations
- Report areas of non-compliance of drivers to clients’ safety policy, to fleet managers for necessary action
- Collect waybills from clients and forward to the company for proper documentation and follow up
- Review and ensures proper load documentation is correctly inputted in the software
- Verify each load quantity with the assigned driver, checking that the load quantity is accurate. Document all verification notes into the database
- Provide outstanding customer service via telephone, physical interactions email and written correspondence
- Ensure accurate and timely client invoicing
- Ensure compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and external government regulations or clients’ policies / requirements
- Ensure all clients’ standard operating procedures are followed and updated
- Meet KPI standards, as per the company procedures
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized tertiary institution
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a similar position
- Experience in a logistics firm is an added advantage
Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of transportation documentation and terms is a plus
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Excellent customer service skills
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 5th August, 2020.