- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Borno
- Job Field Art / Crafts / Languages  , Consultancy
Program / Department Summary
- Mercy Corps is partnering with Women’s Refugee Commission (WRC), Washington University (WashU) and an independent consultant to advance gender equitable attitudes and behaviors within families, with an emphasis on reducing girls vulnerabilities to violence, building resilience, and breaking intergenerational cycles of harmful norms
- The project which is a pilot will be implemented in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC), Borno State – Northeast Nigeria.
Scope of Work:
- The Consultant is required to translate four curriculum (adolescent girls, adolescent boys, male caregivers, female caregivers) from English to Hausa language
- Most sessions of the four curriculum are adapted, hence a translation guide will be provided to the selected consultant to ease the translation.
- Translate adolescent girls curriculum from English to Hausa language – 147 pages
- Translate adolescent boys curriculum from English to Hausa language – 153 pages
- Translate male caregivers curriculum from English to Hausa language – 158 pages
- Translate female caregivers curriculum from English to Hausa language – 150 pages
- Submit a soft copy of all four translated curriculum.
- Full payment after completion of service/confirmation of service completion notes with the submission of all four soft copies of translated curriculum to Hausa language
- Please note, Mercy Corps Ltd/Gte will deduct 5%WHT in line with Nigeria tax laws for individuals & 10% for companies.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills – English and Hausa languages
- Experience in conducting similar translations
- Experience doing similar jobs for International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs)
- At least five years experience in doing related works.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents below to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Evidence of Hausa translation work done before
- Company profile (if applicable)
- Timeline for submitting all four curriculums
- Total cost / financial offer per page.