- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
- The Neurologist who reports to the Executive Director / Head of Medicine will be responsible for diagnosing and treating disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles of patients. They examine a patient’s mental and physical status, conduct medical tests and scans, and evaluate the results to diagnose and treat the patient.
- The role monitors and tracks patient progress, adjusting treatments when necessary. In addition to managing neurological disorders, will also manage general medical patients as required.
- Diagnose complex medical problems by referring to patient’s history, examining them and conducting neurological tests.
- Counsel patients on neurological disorders and its background.
- Run outpatient clinics, see emergency cases and manage admitted patients
- Prescribe and / or administer treatment and medication.
- Monitor the behavior, cognition and side effects of treatment and medication.
- Order supportive care services for patients.
- Participate in neuroscience research activities.
- Liaise with medical professionals in the community and hospitals.
- Keep up-to-date with neurological developments, treatment and medication.
- Perform specialized treatments such as sleep disorders, neuroimmunology, neuro-oncology, behavioral neurology and neurogenetics.
- offer specialist expertise and guidance to other doctors and staff from a range of medical specialties
- Order neurological tests and interpret the results of neuroimaging studies
- Perform and interpret lumbar punctures, electroencephalography, electromyography and nerve conduction velocity tests.
- Administrative and audit duties
- Research and education / training
- Other duties as may be required from time to time
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) registered with MDCN with a valid practicing license.
- Fellow of National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African College of Physician or its equivalent with sub specialization in neurology.
- Years of experience practicing as a Neurologist.
- Great counseling and listening skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills and communication.
- Outstanding practical and diagnostic skills.
- Great team spirit, management and leadership skills.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.