Company: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Consulting / Business Strategy/ Planning
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5-7 years
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Consultant II – Consultant To Conduct Project Management Capacity Improvement Training
Job ID: 13-11113
Job Location: Abuja
Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept / Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project / Program: A607 – Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Senior Project Officer
- Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is Principal Recipient (PR) for the Global Fund (GF) Nigeria Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) grant. The RSSH grant commenced implementation in April 2019 and is designed to strengthen the Nigerian health system across the HIV, TB and malaria areas through December 2020.
- The project is focused on addressing health system-wide constraints and driven by the recognition that strong health systems are needed to combat the public health threats posed by HIV, TB and malaria.
- To ensure domesticated implementation and sustainability of the RSSH grant, MSH as PR, works with three (3) government of Nigeria entities as Sub-recipients (SR). They include the Department of Health Planning, Research and Statistics (DHPRS), National Center for Disease Control (NCDC) and the National Product Supply Chain Management Program (NPSCMP).
- As part of the grant making process, the PR conducted a capacity assessment to ascertain the capacity of each of the SRs using a systemic tool. Capacity improvement activities were developed including a Project Management Training. MSH is seeking the service of a qualified Program Management expert to deliver a 5-day program management training.
Objective of Training:
- The objective of this training is to provide well-tailored project management training and set the SR staff on the right course to deliver on the mandate of the GF RSSH project and future SR projects.
- A maximum of 20 participants would attend the project management capacity improvement training.
The project management training would cover the following topics amongst others:
- Project management essentials
- Fundamentals of Grants Management
- Budget & work plan development, utilization and monitoring
- Effective communication and stakeholder management
- Change management
- People management and conflict resolution
- Team building & people development
- Advocacy, Communication and Report writing
- Submit a 5-day training agenda to be approved by MSH prior to commencement of training.
- Develop the training materials for each topic
- Prior to the commencement of the training, submit copy of all presentations and training aids to be made available to the trainees.
- Conduct pre and post-tests.
- Submit course evaluation forms received from participants to MSH.
- Submit the final report of the training including pre and post-test analysis of performance of participants.
Duration Of Training:
- A 5-day training to be held in June 2020.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in any field, with professional certification(s) in project/program management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in program management. Global Fund project experience is an added advantage.
- Experience designing, developing and auditing workplans and budget.
- Experience in designing advocacy plans, project communication products, and standard project reports.
- Demonstrated experience and success in delivering similar trainings.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills including experience of facilitation of trainings/workshops and presentations.