- Job Type Full Time
- Experience 5 years
- Location Akwa Ibom , Cross River
- Job Field Consultancy
- Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award (ICHSSA) is a five-year, USAID – funded project which commenced on December 19, 2019. The project is designed to reduce the impact of Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS) on orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in Akwa Ibom and Cross River states respectively.
- ICHSSA is implemented by Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research Nigeria (CCCRN) in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS), alongside other local resource experts. The ICHSSA will ensure that OVC are cared for and protected by their households, communities, local and state governments to reduce their vulnerability to HIV. The project will also ensure that communities promote child and family-friendly, gender and HIV sensitive cultural norms and practices.
It has the following expected results:
- Households have increased access to basic services and care for OVC
- Communities ensure that OVC secure their rights
- Local and State Government deliver basic services, detect, and respond to child rights violations
- Prioritized targeted services for specific OVC subpopulations delivered
ICHSSA 1 is seeking the services of a highly qualified documentary production consultant to capture the project initial stages, progress over the last 1 year, its impacts on local communities and human-interest stories.
- The objective of this assignment is to produce an 8-minute video that creatively communicates and showcase the programs engagements with its partners, best practices, and successes.
- In addition to the documentary film, the consultant is expected to submit high-resolution pictures of the project interventions in the two states.
The primary target audiences for the documentary includes:
- State Government stakeholders
- Local communities
- Implementing Partners
- General Public
Scope of Work:
- The documentary will capture the early intervention of the program in Akwa Ibom and Cross River, highlighting the rationale behind implementing the ICHSSA 1 program, program stakeholders’ engagements at the state local and community level, human interest and success stories achieved by the program interventions in relation to the project goal.
The Consulting team will be responsible for:
- Review program documents to get an understanding of the program
- Work with the Collaborating and Learning Adapting Unit to finalize the draft documentary storyline
- Travel to selected LGAs in Akwa Ibom and Cross River for Filming and photography
- Work with the CLA unit to finalize the draft script developed
- Produce the documentary film of 8mins and creatively use animations and infographics
- Conduct interviews with selected community members, program staff, beneficiaries, government officials and other relevant stakeholders.
- The documentary will be prepared in English with English subtitles
- Finalize the draft storyline, scripts, and interview guide for the documentaries
- Take visual footages as well as high-resolution photographs of results, human interest stories and program intervention activities in Akwa Ibom and Cross River
- Creatively depict the program results using infographics and animation
- Handle all editing and professional narration used in the documentaries
- Submit draft videos to the CLA unit for review and approval
- Incorporate comments and feedback on the videos and resubmit the videos for final approval
- Develop draft storyline, script, and interview guides for the documentary
- Make logistical arrangements including appointments, accommodation, local transport, and any other needed details for the field travel
- Identify selected stakeholders, community members, stories, and results for the shooting
- Coordinate with project staff for the field visits to set appointments, identify content, and capture the footage.
- Develop work plan, including schedule for filming, timeframe, and approach to be used
- Provide reference materials.
- Provide feedback when and where necessary.
- Review and approve the draft and final production as stipulated in the deliverables section and contract
- The documentary filming and photography will be carried out in an ethical way that is sensitive to different cultures, local customs, religious beliefs and practices, personal interaction and gender roles, disability, age, and ethnicity. In addition, requirements for participant informed consent, video/photo release and confidentiality will be maintained, including for children participating in the documentary.
- The documentary production will require a period of 10 working paid days including weekends and public holidays, executed within a period of 2 weeks.
Tasks – Estimated Number Of Working Days
- Desk Review and finalization of draft storyline, script, and interview guide – (Videography Consultant 1.5 days) (Photography Consultant 1 day)
- Videography and Photo documentation (Videography Consultant 5days) – (Photography Consultant 4 days)
- Editing and post-production of first draft (Videography Consultant 2days) – (Photography Consultant 1 day)
- Incorporation of feedback and finalization of video and photograph (Videography Consultant 1.5 days)
Total Number Of Working Days – (Videography Consultant -10days) – (Photography Consultant 6days)
- Submission of final script narration for approval
- First rough cut of documentary video for comments
- Submit at least 40 high-resolution engaging photographs of interventions and results highlighted from the program
- Submit an 8 minutes high-quality documentary with infographics and animation
- Submit on the external drive all raw footages captured in project areas
- The consultant will be supervised by the Collaboration Learning and Adapting Advisor
- All travel arrangements in the field will be provided by the CCCRN-ICHSSA 1. A technical support team made up of program specialists and other field staff will assist the consultants (where required) in the fieldwork.
- Technical studies in photography and videography.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in photography and videography.
- Good knowledge of technical requirements for taking photos and videos in various settings.
- Professional experience in photography and videography in, at least, 3 non-profit, academic or institutional research projects
- Demonstrated ability in videography and script writing
- Demonstrated experience in documentary video development (a minimum of 5 years and above)
- Experience in the usage of video software packages
- Creative design teams on infographics and animation
- Excellent working knowledge of English and Amharic
- Demonstrates competency in high-quality photos and video skills.
- Demonstrates competency in post-production/editing of videos.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Has the ability to works under the pressure.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality; and
- Has ability to express ideas clearly and persuasively.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email with the following below to: [email protected]
- The team CV / Resume and Cover Letter (as a single PDF document) to:
- At least three video/photo samples (weblinks of previous works ).
Note: This advert is on a rolling basis
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with this assignment