- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 – 20 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Law / Legal
- Attend board meetings, committees & annual general meetings (AGMs); prepare agenda, minutes, papers and follow up on all resolutions
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory requirements and policies by filing statutory returns as at when due and ensuring policies are kept up to date & approved by the board
- Provide support to the board & other committees on specific projects; manage shareholder relationships under the direction from and on behalf of the Board
- Prepare and maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries, Shareholders/Shareholdings, Charges and Debenture Holders
- Monitor and coordinate all companies litigations and debt recovery processes.
- Deal with correspondences, collate information and write reports; communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers such as lawyers and auditors.
- Initiate, develop, design and review standard legal templates.
- Provision of legal advice and represent the company in all legal matters.
Qualifications/ Required Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law; an LLM, MBA or MSC will be an added advantage
- Between 10 – 20 years post-call experience and not less than 10 years experience in a company secretary role with a reputable organization, leading corporate service or law firm.
- Must have excellent knowledge & experience of corporate secretarial practice, legal advisory, corporate governance and regulatory compliance
- Must possess sound communication (oral and written), presentation, organization, negotiation and leadership skills; with proven track record of taking decisions that deliver exceptional results.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the Apply Now button below.