Company: RTI International
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Media / Art / Entertainment
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 3-5 years
RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist
Job Location: Abuja
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria- Abia, Delta, Imo, Niger, and Taraba.
- The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- In collaboration with the respective state governments and SWBs, E-WASH works toward achieving the following mutually reinforcing objectives:
- Creating professionally managed and commercially oriented SWBs.
- Improving the financial and operational viability of SWBs.
- Strengthening policy, institutional, and regulatory frameworks for improved WASH services, including establishing accountability mechanisms.
- Building national and state WASH advocacy, coordination, and communications for reform.
- The program is part of USAID’s wider efforts to build closer coordination with the Government of Nigeria, including the Federal Ministry of Water Resources, select SWBs, and allied stakeholders, to advance broad-based economic growth and resilience through improved WASH services in urban areas.
- RTI International hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the position Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist.
- Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Communication and Knowledge Management Manager, the Communication and Knowledge management Specialist will be responsible for supporting all E-WASH project communications, KM and online presence. These includes all activities ranging from written and printed materials, KM products, press releases and to social media presence for E-WASH activities and also extending to coordinating communications with third parties as well as development and dissemination of communications products to target counterparts or other stakeholders and schedule meetings, as needed.
- Support the design of external communications material (written and printed), from the design stage all the way to the distribution stage. Strong writing and communications skills are required to lead the development of E-WASH products across 5 states and its headquarters in Abuja.
- Support the writing and development of ongoing reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports or deliverables), ensuring they are well-written and abide by USAID Branding and Marking guidelines. This may involve collecting information to produce feature stories, which should be produced periodically to showcase some of the program’s major accomplishments.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of USAID communications and branding regulations, as well as contract limitations, and inform/educate others on these requirements as necessary; including frequent liaising with RTI’s Home Office and USAID DOC while participating in quarterly USAID Communications Working Group (CWG) meetings.
- Working with the Snr. Communications and KM Manager (SCKM), implement the Knowledge Management and Communications Strategy for E-WASH. Work collaboratively with other thematic leads to provide communications support when necessary including organizing/attending events and coordinating communications/KM activities.
- Identify appropriate media and communications channels to ensure that progress and lessons learned are properly collated and disseminated. The CKMS will take advantage of online and social media platforms (USAID/US Embassy/RTI/CSO websites and social handles) to routinely disseminate achievements and lessons. These online and social media platforms will also publicize activities of state- and national-level activities.
- Create guidance (training modules) and tools to implement communications and media activities and measure their effectiveness.
- Under supervision of the SCKM, support state offices in advocacy and communication on urban WASH issues.
- Contribute to producing high quality communication products; reports, briefs, press releases, legacy stories, statements, articles, briefing and feature materials as well as other relevant content as required.
- Ensure USAID and project branding guidelines are adhered to by ensuring that branding plan is followed on all project documents, reports, and public information materials
- Contribute to the development and preparation of annual work plans, quarterly reports and other reports to USAID.
- Promote knowledge sharing through the organization’s processes, systems and departments/units by helping develop and strengthen links between them to facilitate exchange of information; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- PhD and 0 year of experience or Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience in Communication, Journalism, Public Information, Public Relations, Marketing, Branding and Social Sciences, or a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of progressive, relevant work experience in communication, KM, media, advocacy and/or digital media role, including in international/multi-cultural settings.
- Demonstrated strength and experience providing technical assistance, writing technical reports, and policy briefs targeted to decision makers.
- Experience in knowledge management and communications. Knowledge of USAID’s Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) approach is useful.
- Prior experience working with USG-funded programs is required; strong command of USAID branding and marking strongly preferred.
- Experience in media and communications for grants making and government engagement preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Possession of excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong reporting and management skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team and build effective relationships with peers and all stakeholders
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to: [email protected] On the SUBJECT LINE of your email you should ONLY put the Email Subject line, no other text should be on this subject line. (VERY IMPORTANT)
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that the successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation. For further information about RTI International, please visit our website at www.rti.org
- RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via [email protected] Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V