Communication and Information Systems Officer (Tradesmen / Women)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , NCE , OND
- Location Other
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- ND Computer Hardware Engr/Tech, Software Engr /Tech, Satellite Image Interpreter/GIS Tech, Sat-Com Hub Installation Tech, Info Tech, Computer Science, Fiber Optic Tech, Network Tech, Cyber Security Tech, Web Designer/Master and Software Developer. Possession of recognized certifications such as Diploma in Desktop Publishing, Certificate in Computer Appreciation, Certificate in Graphics Design, Certificate in Web Design, Certificate in Computer Maintenance and Networking, Certificate in Video Editing Course is an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess at least a Lower Credit/Merit in ND/NCE or any relevant trade certificates from reputable and government approved institutions/organisations.
- Note: Applicants with HND or First Degrees/Post-Graduate Certificates and University Diploma certificates will not be considered for recruitment as airmen/airwomen into the Nigerian Air Force and should not apply. Applicants with medical qualifications must possess evidence of registration with relevant professional bodies and valid current practicing licence(s).
General Instructions For Applicants
- Nationality: Applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth.
- Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years by 30 June 2021
- Marital Status: All applicants must be single.
- Height: Minimum height is 1.66 metres or 5.4ft for males and 1.63 metres or 5.3ft for females.
- Medical Fitness: Applicants must be medically and physically fit and must meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
- Local Government Area Attestation Form: Applicants’ Local Government Area Attestation Form must be signed by a military officer from the same State as the applicants not below the rank of Wing Commander in the Nigerian Air Force or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Navy or a Police Officer of the rank of Assistant Commissioner and above, or Local Government Area Chairmen/Secretaries and Magistrates from the Local Government Area of the applicants. The Local Government Area Attestation Form must be accompanied by the passport photograph and photocopy of the signees’ Drivers Licence or National ID Card or International Passport. The signee is also to authenticate behind the applicants’ passport photograph.
- Presentation of original credentials: Successful applicants are required to submit their original credentials for scrutiny at the Selection Board Interview Exercise. The credentials include the following:
- Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by the officer of appropriate rank as specified in Paragraph 6.(6th Bullet Point)
- Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age.
- Original and Photocopy of Educational/Trade Certificates.
- Original and Photocopy of Indigeneship certificate from applicant’s Local Government/State of Origin.
- Original and Photocopy of Letter of Attestation of Good Character signed by Officer of appropriate rank as specified in paragraph 6.
- Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Selection Exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants will be handed over to the Nigeria Police for prosecution. The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected. Interested applicants are to note that the online registration is FREE OF CHARGE. Applicants are required to fill in valid email addresses and telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the Application Form.
- Attestation Forms: On completion of the application forms, applicants must print out the underlisted documents:
- Acknowledgment Slip.
- Attestation of Parent/Guardians Form.
- Local Government Area Attestation Form.
- Successful applicants would be invited for Selection Board Interview Exercise through the portal.
Method of Application
- Click the “Link Above”
- When the link opens, click on “Airmen / Airwomen” and select “Start Application”
- Then follow other onscreen instructions
- Recruitment interview Exercise will hold from 24 September – 12 November 2020.
- Qualified applicants after the registration process would be invited for Selection Board Interview Exercise after which the list of successful candidates would be published in newspapers and online for Basic Military Training.
- Application Process is FREE OF CHARGE and no payment should be made at any point throughout the Exercise.
For Support, please call: 09064432351, 08043440802 and 09055840142 or Email: [email protected] All phone lines are available from Monday to Friday between 9:30am and 5:30pm.
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian Airforce on nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng to apply