Company: A reputable Real Estate firm
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Engineering / Technical
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 5-7 years
A reputable Real Estate company is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Civil / Structural Engineer
Job Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an innovative Civil Engineer to design, develop and construct a huge range of projects of the physically and naturally built environment from conception through to completion.
- You will have a say in how the world looks like, work in a fast growing dynamic industry, contribute towards healthy economies and make a lasting positive impact to society.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (essential).
- 6 years of work experience as a Structural Engineer (essential).
- Professionally registered with the Institute of Structural Engineers.
- Expert experience in project management.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
- Assess potential risks, materials and costs
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
- Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Handle over the resulting structures and services for use
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
- Manage budget and purchase equipment/materials
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc. and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
- Designing the layout of energy distribution, water pipes and ventilation systems and identifying relevant materials
- Drawing up plans using computer-aided design and building information modelling software
- Carrying out tests on systems and making changes to plans where necessary
- Monitoring the installation of services and managing their maintenance once the building is completed
- Making sure that all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation.
- Negotiating contracts with clients, particularly in consultancy work
- Liaising with plumbers, electricians, surveyors, architectural technologists and other construction professionals
- Giving presentations and writing reports highlighting the practical implications of the architect’s designs
- Promoting energy efficiency and other sustainability initiatives.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Structural Engineer” as the subject of the email.