- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Not specified
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
The job objectives of a Chief Operating Officer is to Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, implementing daily operational strategies and also translating strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth
Duties and responsibilities
- · Develop actionable business strategies and plans that are in alignment with short-term and long-term objectives of the organization alongside the CEO
- Integrate and prioritize the corporate goals and strategies into organizational plans, schedules and metrics against which performance can be measured;
- Develops strategies to identify prospective customers, strategic partners and collaborative relationships that will drive revenue growth and market penetration, profitability and shareholder return;
- Provide business direction into product development to ensure the organization delivers superior housing units;
- Develop strategic relationships to help grow the organization’s network and business;
- Oversee and support operational day to day management of all aspects of the business;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Assess current business processes and systems. Recommend and participate in the development of enhancements where necessary and appropriate;
- Build personal credibility within the organization through strong management and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and genuine care and concern for colleagues and employees;
- Coordinate project appraisals and the preparation of appraisal reports;
- Coordinate the recruitment of consultants; the selection of right partners, overseeing and evaluating the agreed scope and work performed;
- Understand when to use outside experts and resources, and when in-house knowledge will suffice;
- Manage and monitor the implementation of on-going projects;
- Oversee the supervision of approved projects to ensure that they are being implemented according to design and within approved budget;
- Manage delivery gaps, providing proactive operational leadership to identify and remedy problems before they escalate;
- Conduct field audits at project sites;
- Develop an internal system to track all projects to determine current position and interventions required;
- Represent the organization with clients, investors and business partners
- Aggressively manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability;
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders;
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Participate in the organization’s monthly financial performance review with the CEO;
- Monitor, measure and report on the organizational results;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications & Competency Profile
- A minimum of 10 years successful experience leading a real estate company;
- First degree in civil engineering, architecture or quantity survey with masters in business administration;
- Must have a broad base real estate exposure
- Experience working with investors is an added advantage;
- Experience with administrative and fiscal management, budgeting and real estate operations;
- Proven knowledge of project management with experience in managing large scale real estate projects;
- Leadership skills that contributes to individual and team success;
- Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills that will ensure clear conveyance of the business’s messages and a positive portrayal of the business in general;
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills;
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to a very fluid, rapidly changing environment;
- Must be proficient in the use of MS office packages.
Commercial Acumen: Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment.
Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources. Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor’s products, services and position.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.