Sifax Group is one of Africa’s fastest growing multinational corporations with diverse interests in Maritime, Aviation, Haulage & Logistics, Oil & Gas and Hospitality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Budget Coordinator
Location: Apapa, Lagos
- The Budget Coordinator will be responsible for providing high-level administrative and analytical support to all subsidiaries in SIFAX Group.
- Assists Business Development Manager and other management team with budget projects and coordinates the preparation of the annual budgets for the company.
- He / she will assist all departments in the preparation of operating budgets and reviews budget requests.
- May conduct training sessions for all departments on budget preparation. Maintains and monitors subsidiaries budgets and budget systems throughout the year. Prepares complex budget for use by management.
- Design effective budget models for departments and all subsidiaries
- Preparation of SIFAX Group annual budget review
- Analyse and presenting financial information (e.g revenues, expenditures) to ensure all operations are within budget
- Identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period
- Ensure department managers meet budget submission deadlines
- Monitoring budgets in line with already approved budget SOP
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation
- Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests
- Review operating budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs
- Perform cost-benefit analyses to compare operating programs, review financial requests, or explore alternative financing methods
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your line Head.
Skills and other Requirements
- Post Graduate degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related fields
- Sound experience of at least 7 years as a Budget Coordinator, preferably in the Consulting, Maritime, logistics, oil & gas and financial services industry
- Membership of a recognised professional body i.e. ICAN/ACCA is an added advantage
- Experience in presenting and selling ideas to Senior Management with strong presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of Budget planning practices
- Ability to interact with senior Management Team of various subsidiaries and business managers
- Strong knowledge and usage of Excel, Power point and various computer packages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a well-written Cover letter stating why you are the best fit for the position and attach a copy of your updated Resume / CV to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 20th January, 2020.