Company: iRecharge Tech-Innovations
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Software/ Programming / Web development
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 3-5 years
iRecharge Tech-Innovations is an internet powered distribution platform that enables users purchase virtual products and services such as airtime and mobile data, internet subscriptions, pay TV, and Bulk SMS
This solution which integrates seamlessly with all major Telecoms operators and service providers aims to provide value added services to consumers through as many access points as available.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Backend Developer
Job Location: Abuja
Reports to: Head of Technology
- Our company creates some of the world’s most cutting-edge software products, and we want you to be a part of our team. We are currently in search of an experienced Backend Developer to create and maintain software for both in-house and client applications
- The successful candidate will also help to develop critical products for our clients, and offer excellent technical support
- This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and the chance to be a part of a great team.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Code documentation e.g. Development of API Documentation.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developer with server side logic.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimization of an application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions e.g. Databases, Caches.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering / Development or any other related discipline. A Master’s Degree would be an added advantage but is not mandatory
- At least 3 years of experience in the development and delivery of high-quality software applications. A strong portfolio would be considered where the required experience is lacking.
- Excellent planning and team management skills, demonstrating mature confidence and integrity
- Proven ability to work as part of a cross-functional development team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Stress tolerance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good report writing and documentation skill
- Should be proactive.
- Strong knowledge of OOP concepts.
- Experience with development of RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of any of the following RDBMS: MySQL, Oracle SQL, PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of PHP as a back-end programming language. Strong knowledge of either Laravel or Lumen would be an added advantage.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Experience with Queuing systems such as SQS, Rabbit MQ or Laravel Queues is an added advantage.
- Experience with caching mechanisms such as Redis or Memcached is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Updated CV as a PDF file to: [email protected] The subject of the mail should be “Backend Developer – Abuja”
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.