- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Ref No: sfh-65609
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Finance & Accounts
About Adolescents 360 Amplify Project (A360-A)
- The project aims to build on the innovative approaches of the Adolescents 360 in designing programs to improve the sexual and reproductive health of adolescent girls aged 15 – 19, primarily through increasing voluntary use of modern contraceptives in three (3) African countries.
- The purpose of Adolescents 360 Amplify is to build on the successes of Adolescents 360 used to break down barriers to adolescent access and use of contraception while increasing the voluntary use of modern contraceptives among adolescent girls aged 15–19 years in 10 Nigerian states.
- The project intends to use a replicable Human-Centered Design (HCD), Youth Engagement fused with Developmental Neuroscience and Anthropology that allows us to understand how the interplay of adolescent development (biological, cognitive, social, emotional, and sexual), culture and sexual norms affects Adolescents Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) behavior.
- This position will be responsible for the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, compliance with policies and procedures, and quality financial reporting.
- S/he will also be responsible for following up on internal audit concerns and ensuring that issues related to control are flagged and addressed as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Follow up on Implementation of Audit Recommendations
- Review of project’s Sub Recipients/Awards
- Review of Corporate Financials and Documentation
- Monitor Donor Projects/Awards compliance
- Monitor Finance Staff/Unit/Projects/Awards deliverables
- Ensure compliance with statutory and other obligatory remittances for projects
- Carry out periodic Financial Reporting and Audit
- Bank reconciliation of all the Project Accounts in HQ.
- Payment and Journal Vouchers.
- Preparation of monthly Burn rate report and management accounts for review.
- Review of Field Postings for accuracy and stepping down funds for the Field.
- Maintain, organize, and file documents for the project.
- Must possess a first degree in Accounting.
- Must also possess a recognized professional accounting qualification – ICAN, ACA, or ACCA, or other professional bodies.
- Must possess a minimum of four (4) years post-NYSC experience.
- Must show demonstrable experience managing the preparation of financial planning memoranda, including identifying and evaluating key risks, and determining budgets and staff assignments
- Must have expert knowledge of financial, risk management and assessment
- Must have good experience with drafting financial reports
- Must have very good knowledge of the current financial and corporate governance regulatory environments
- Previous experience in a donor-funded environment or good knowledge of international donor rules and regulations will be an added advantage
Skills and Competency required:
- Must be an analytic and decisive decision-maker with strong organizational and planning skills, attention to detail and follow-through
- Must be able to multitask and manage audits within agreed budgets and timelines
- Must have very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including a high level of tact and diplomacy, a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate-level office software applications, including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrable passion for SFH’s mission; a hands-on manager with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of information and materials; a high level of integrity and ethics beyond reproach