Company: The International Committee of the Red Cross
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Administration/ Office/ Operations
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 3-5 years
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Assistant & Information Management Officer
Job ID: ABJ201900108
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the supervision of the Head of Sub delegation, the Assistant & IM Officer provides administrative support to Maiduguri Management and is responsible for information management in Maiduguri.
- S/he acts as a reference person for written protocols, correspondence and standard tools.
- S/he also provides Information Management support to Damaturu Sub-delegation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently manages appointments and organizes internal and external meetings and events.
- Assists the management in managing contacts, schedules, calendars, appointments, meetings and other management tools.
- Screens, prioritizes, dispatches and follows up on requests, calls and correspondence; has an overview of the MIU sub-delegation’s activities and takes into account its priorities and challenges when making decisions.
- Drafts, reviews, compiles, edits and finalizes correspondence, presentations, decision-making documents, meeting minutes and other documents; ensures information is shared among other users
- Manages and coordinates the flow of information, ensuring that staff understand it and apply the appropriate institutional policies and procedures; sets and revises information-management and communication procedures in the sub-delegation.
- Implements, manages and monitors projects and programmes related to the Information Strategy; briefs and trains users.
- Manages and monitors use of collaborative spaces and databases in MIU and DAT, including access, and updates
- information in the reference tools; acts as a reference person.
- Ensures staff are briefed and/or trained on information management, written protocols and correspondence, rules on signatures and the protection, use and storage of office supplies, records management, archiving, and information-
- management tools; ensures that staff comply with related rules and procedures.
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree in any relevant field
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar function
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of Hausa
- Very good knowledge and at ease with standard computer tools and information systems
- Desired profile and skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Very good analysis skills
- Interest and skills for training of users
- Ability to handle sensitive information with all required confidentiality
- Rigor and good organization in daily work
- Sense of responsibility and capacity to fix and respect priorities
- Ability to cope with stress
- Flexibility and availability
- Aptitude for applying and ensuring compliance with ICRC directives and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV, Cover Letter and details of three referees to: [email protected] Clearly indicate “ABJ201900108 Assistant & IM Officer MIU” as the subject of their application.
Important Information and Notice
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality,status, disability etc.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.