- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Jere / Maiduguri, Borno North East Nigeria (100% field)
Employment Type: Full-time
Starting date: 1st January, 2021
Duration of contract: 12 months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Project Manager
Purpose of the Position
- Under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the Roving Finance Assistant will oversee and manage all field transactions; petty cash reimbursement and coordinating payment to volunteers, preparing financial documentation and reporting all financial activities carried out in the field. In addition, S/he will take charge of reviewing payments, purchase request, reviewing financial records for accuracy, prepare bank reconciliations, and conduct cash counts. S/he will ensure the strict compliance to SHO’s internal regulations, financial policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with Maiduguri finance officer, prepares the monthly visit plan and communicates it with the finance management for approval.
- Partakes in periodic visits to the fields to manage financial issues in collaboration with the fields administrative/focal points.
- Conducts periodic cash counting for the fields safe boxes and generates cash counting reports.
- Follows up and closes the pending amounts of the fields’ staff.
- Checks and collects the fields financial documents (invoices, receipts, attendance sheets…etc) and supply them to Maiduguri finance office for archiving and safe keeping.
- Ensures integrity of all financial supporting documentation, proper filling and archive thereof to satisfy SHO regulations;
- Supports the projects staff in any related financial issues like volunteers’ payments, casual workers, guards, housekeepers and ensures strict compliance in following appropriate payment documentation.
- Carries out periodic checks for the logistics works in the fields and collaborates with the logistics staff for any needed financial support.
- Carries out the cash movements from Maiduguri office to the fields according to the projects’ managers requirements and cash requirements forecast.
- Registers the fields expenditures in the sub PN and reports his daily PN to Maiduguri Finance officer to check and consolidate.
- Monitors the fields staff pending aging and liaise with them to close the pending in accordance to the specified maximum aging in SHO Control Model.
- Controls and reports the fields fixed assets and reconcile the logistics inventory records with the actual existed assets in the fields
- Assists the finance team in the monthly/yearly closing and projects financial closing
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/ Business Administration
- Minimum 2 years finance/Accounting experience in multinational working environment
- Minimum 1-year experience with recognized NGO
- Good Reporting and analysis skills
- Manage and organize information systems, establish and maintain filing systems
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills and excellence as a team player
- Excellent command of English and local language oral and written.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentation etc.) are an added advantage.
- Knowledge the use of Google Drive
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills.
- English, Hausa (Kanuri and/or Shuwa desirable)
- Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) reserve right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project. Position will be based in Bama.
- Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation / food;
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
- No TA/DA will be provided for the fieldwork appointed to work for;
- Salient reserve the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of Motivation and CV in a single PDF file) via e-mail to recru[email protected] indicating the “Job position” as subject of the e-mail
Send their hard copies to:
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road, Old GRA,
Maiduguri – Borno State.
- Please clearly indicate the “Job Position” on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.