- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- We are looking for a skilled Android engineer to join our Engineering team. Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical skills to oversee complex projects with several moving parts.
- The candidate should understand the business that their code supports and work to identify risks (in code, features, and design) and communicate these to the appropriate parties.
- We practice test-driven development because it produces high-quality, reliable, and more maintainable code.
- Design and develop advanced software applications on the Android platform. The ability to build on other platforms like iOS is a plus.
- Communicate regularly and write clean code. Review, analyze, and resolve application issues as needed.
- Evaluate strategies and make recommendations on changes and improvements.
- Collaborate with team members on the design and implementation of new functionalities on different platforms.
- Consult with other team members and implement solutions in-line with the product vision.
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate the impact on the business.
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- A degree in Computer Science/equivalent or a great reason for not having one (and we know there are reasons…)
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the core Android APIs
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs specifically optimized for mobile clients
- Significant experience in Java and Kotlin. Proficiency in Kotlin required
- Experience with Gradle and build management
- Broad exposure to common libraries like Retrofit, Dagger, Guava, Picasso, RxAndroid, Glide
- Experience with Clean, MVC, MVP, and/or MVVM
- Extensive knowledge in Android SDK’s accessibility frameworks
- Experience with automated testing and taking the lead on debugging mobile related issues
- Effective communication on both technical and non-technical subjects
- Strong understanding of multi-tier architectures, design patterns, and good engineering practices.
- Strong knowledge of how to implement and manage RESTful APIs.
- Experience in TDD or BDD a plus.
- Experience in writing Unit/Functional/End-to-End tests
- Proficiency with Git and continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Experience with Docker, microservice architectures
- Strong team player who inspires, innovates, and delivers results to add value and make a difference.
- User-centric /customer-centric focused, embrace Agile practices and possess a learning mindset.
- Constant monitoring and learning of new technologies and the market landscape.
- Have an existing portfolio of apps built in the Play Store
You’re one of us if you:
- Eat complexity for breakfast
- Get inspired by iconic consumer experiences that make living much easier
- Intellectually curious and quietly confident; we have big brains, not big egos
- Have a voracious appetite for learning, growing, and pushing yourself to the next level
- Inclusive, collaborative, and team-first contributor
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Prophius on www.linkedin.com to apply