- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Yobe
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Supervisor: Senior Finance & Administrative Officer
- Under the direction of the Senior Finance & Administrative Officer, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and logistical support for assigned staff members
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate necessary arrangements for visitors, including travel logistics, meetings with staff and other organizations.
- For final versions, type, format, edit correspondence, papers, reports, proposals, sub-agreements, purchase requisitions, and other written work generated by assigned staff members.
- Assist in the coordination of departmental/zonal budget and procurements; generate reports to assist in financial management reporting.
- Compose general correspondence, schedules and memoranda as needed.
- Assist with production of non-routine publications, e.g. specific brochures.
- Assist with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Use initiative to improve workflow and improve systems for clerical functions.
- Prepare minutes for meetings and follow up with staff members for action items.
- Develop and manage a database and record-keeping system for assigned areas.
- Organize and set-up internal meeting
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree, recognized equivalent or HND.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in NGO is required
- Familiarity with international NGO is an advantage.
- Familiarity with administrative and secretarial skills is an advantage.
- Experience with large complex organization is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Typing skills.
Method of Application
- The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Interested and qualified? Go to fhi 360 on fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply