Administrative / Account Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , OND
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The Administrative/Account Officer role is to perform all administrative and financial duties necessary for effective business management and efficient book keeping of company’s finances for smooth day-to-day operations.
- Prepare regular reports on expenses and office administration budgets
- Prepare regular management reports capturing all office activities, challenges, recommendations for improvement and budget analysis.
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential company documents
- Manage obligations to suppliers, customers and third-party vendors
- Process bank deposits and reconcile financial statements
- Prepare and process client invoices
- Contact clients and send reminders to ensure timely payments
- Identify and address discrepancies
- Generate book-keeping reports on the status of accounts payable and receivable
- Cross-check invoices with payments and expenses to ensure accuracy
- Track company’s expenses and process refunds/reimbursements
- Maintain a company calendar and schedule appointments for management executives and clients
- Book training room as required and approved by management
- Arrange company travel and accommodations as requested
- Schedule in-house and external events and training sessions
- Manage office supplies and order new supplies as needed.
- Work with the Business Development unit to prepare presentations, proposals and bids as assigned/requested.
- Interface with the Facility officer to oversee and supervise maintenance activities.
- Oversee and achieve organizational goals while maintaining an efficient, productive, and positively cultured office and employee experience.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety, and that of others affected by what you do
- Cooperate on all issues involving health and safety especially at the workplace
- Use work items provided for you correctly, in accordance with training and instructions
- Do not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or personal welfare
- Report any health and safety concerns to your line manager as soon as practicable
- OND / HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Account Officer or similar role
- Working knowledge of Business management, and Book keeping tools.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to deal with work of a confidential nature
- Ability to manage client relationships
- Ability to pay attention to details and proffer solution to problems
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Effective planning & coordination skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Time Management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter with the Job title as Subject to: [email protected]