Company: International Rescue Committee
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Administration/ Office/ Operations
Work Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: 1-3 years
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Admin Officer
Requisition ID: req10323
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Administrative/General Office
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Office Administration Management:
- Track and monitor IRC office administration and maintenance.
- Assure that all facilities are well functioning, including housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair, internet and other communications functions in the field office.
- Assure proper use and functionality of office equipment.
- Regular Supervision of cleaners and cooks in the office.
- Track and monitor DSTV subscriptions and monthly telephone, and assure that all are paid on time.
- Processing of electricity bills for offices and Guest houses in Maiduguri.
Accommodation Management (Guest Houses and Hotels) and VISAS:
- Track and monitor IRC Guest House administration and maintenance.
- Arrangement of hotel bookings and reservations for national and international staff to the field office after receipt of approved /filled Travel Authorization Forms(TAF’s)
- Ensure that all hotels bookings are made in writing and copies of booking/accompanying TAF’s are available in Admin Office for record/tracking purposes.
- Processing and reconciliation of accommodation and hotels bookings related payments by COB every Friday.
- Daily accommodation Tracking and Update to security team and transport team, copying HR manager and Snr. Admin Officer.
- Regular supervision of Cleaners and Cooks in the Guest House.
- Tracking of Expart VISA and reporting to the Snr. Admin Officer Abuja for renewal.
Other Human Resource Functions:
- Read, review and become knowledgeable of the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
- Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor and HR Manager.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Snr. Admin Officer
- Position directly supervises:
- Indirect Reporting: HR manager
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Required to be a good team player, works effectively within the team
- University Studies / Higher Education in Human Resources, Business Administration or any other related course;
- 2 years of experience in similar position;
- Previous NGO experience will be an added advantage
- HR Certification will be desirable
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to present information effectively; experience providing training and staff development a plus
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams
- Commitment to consistently improving and developing innovative HR solutions in response to HR/organizational Country Program challenges.