- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: (Maiduguri base) North-East Nigeria
Starting Date: September, 2020 (TBC)
Duration of contract: 6 Months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Project Coordinator & Admin/Fin Manager
General Context of the Project
- The Boko Haram armed opposition insurgency started in 2009 and Maiduguri was the epicentre of the armed conflict. The armed conflict later spread to all twenty-seven (27) Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Borno State, North East Nigeria. The conflict took an international dimension as it spread to the neighbouring countries of Cameroun, Niger and Chad, resulting in the displacement of millions of people across all four frontiers. The Armed Opposition Group (AOG) has been killing people in both rural and urban centres in their quest to form a hairline Islamic State in the north east of Nigeria. A high number of towns and cities have been burned and destroyed. Social services and amenities have also been destroyed and are now non-existent. Agricultural activities which used to be the source of food security and livelihoods among the rural communities of the North East are no longer existent. Joint military operations by Cameroun, Nigeria, Chad and Niger have resulted in the liberation of 15 LGAs.
- The Admin and Finance Officer will be responsible for both financial and administrative works of the project and organization (as required).
- The major financial duties and responsibilities of the officer include accounting, software operation, reporting and documentation, cash flow/fund management, compliance. And, administrative duties and responsibilities are to conduct works related to general administration, assets management, coordination, procurement function, inventory management, etc.
Financial Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the cash journal and finance reports, bookkeeping and ledger posting
- Collect, check, register and keep track of all order forms, incoming & outgoing invoices, travel claims, according to Nigerian law and internal procedures
- Make cash and bank reconciliation every month
- Prepare payroll of staffs monthly by coordinating with the Project coordinator.
- Conduct the internal audits of project, monitoring the transaction of the requisition and cash flow
- Lead project audit done by donor as well as organization annually
- Keep updated record of all financial transactions in the Quickbooks software
Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare monthly financial report by first week of succeeding month
- Track activity level budgets and call for financial monthly review meetings
Cash Flow/Fund Management:
- Maintain cost-effectiveness and keep track of budget allocation as per activities
- Complete daily financial transaction under the supervision of team leader
- Handle cash and treasury operations with advanced use of spread sheets for tracking expenses and payroll system with tax applications, controls for ensuring proper transactions
- Guide (monitor and supervise) the district project offices in Dang and Dolakha for finance and administration
- Implement financial policies, procedures and directives of the organization
- Update/upgrade organizational policy on taxation, financial procedures, internal control mechanism, etc.
- Comply with the national accounting and financial policies and procedures
- Cross verify (compliance and relevancy) all financial transactions done by project staffs.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to project office
- Manage water, electricity supply and telephone/internet lines
- Comply with safety of office supplies, materials, equipment and physical facilities
- Maintain office premises to provide good working environment.
- Implement administrative policies and procedures
- Manage administrative function and establish internal administrative systems and controls
- Maintain updated documentation, filing, folders and administrative data management in both hard copy and soft copy version
- Maintenance of attendance register, contracting, logistical arrangement (together with information officer), maintaining of project document folders (staff, contracts, incoming and outgoing letters, etc.)
- Maintain office equipment, materials and properties
- Keep records of the office supplies, materials and equipment
- Keep track of proper use, maintenance and repair of physical assets and office including vehicles, equipment, furniture, etc. as necessary
- Coordinate administrative activities and maintain monthly and yearly timetable
- Support in recruitment process locally and keep the employee records by coordinating with project management team
- Keep track/record of the training and workshops attended by staffs
- As a member of project procurement committee, engage in local procurement process as per procurement guideline
- Roster management (together with information officer) of all the materials and service to be bought by project in a given year
- Manage inventory and physically verify as per need
- Prepare the inventory report of furniture and goods
- Degree / HND / ND in Administrative / Finance / Accounting or any other related course;
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical in warehousing management.
- Documented results related to the positionâ€™s responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language ad advantage;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
- Ability to deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- SHO reserve the right to close the application before the deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) via Email to: [email protected] indicating the “Job Position” as subject of the e-mail.
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than five pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- SHO considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Please clearly indicate the Job position on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, SHO will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about SHO, please consult: www.salientho.org