Infostrategy Technology Limited is an Information, Communication and Software Technology firm incorporated in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. We operate with a burning passion to transform the technological terrain of Africa by delivering value to clients through innovative and effective leverage of cutting-edge technology solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Department: Finance and Accounts
Reports to: Team Lead
- The accountant will be responsible for performing accounting functions, capturing income, generating financial report, budgeting, filing, taxation and other accounting related issues in the organization.
Essential Duties And Responsibilites
- Assist in overseeing the finance & accounts department to ensure timely delivery of monthly management report.
- Defining, implementing and monitoring effective financial data management systems.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly report and supervision of petty cash.
- Assist in ensuring that the finance & accounting tasks are completed accurately and according to deadline schedule for the team.
- Assist in filing of the organization’s statutory returns.
- Coordinate the collation of all vouchers and post accordingly in the accounting software.
- Computing and remitting the company’s TAX to the relevant tax authority.
- Monthly reconciling of all accounts with service providers.
- Assist in analyzing current financial performance relative to previous years and re-aligning the company’s financial decisions as needed.
- Review journal entries for appropriate supporting documentation, remarks, account and amount
- Prepare journal entries and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for accounts receivable activities; invoicing, statements, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of balance sheet work papers and ensure activity is appropriate
- Prepare and review of financial statements and expenses
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met
- Supervise the crediting of Vendors and processing of all transactions.
- Working closely with all departments to contribute in process improvement initiatives.
- Administer and monitor the daily financial systems of the organization.
- Filing and updating of accounting Systems
- Assist in the supervision of the account team and ensure the daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure all expenses are recorded and balanced daily.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education Qualifications, Experience, Skills And Competencies
- A first degree in Accounting
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in finance and accounting.
- Proficiency in the use of QuickBooks.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting policies and Procedures
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous and attention to detail.
- Must be resident in Abuja.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple task.
- Knowledge of management accounting is essential.
- An Audit background is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and CV as a PDF File to: [email protected] The subject of the mail should be the job title and location e.g. “Accountant – Abuja”.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 9th July, 2020.