Company: Hometown Fintech Limited
Number of Slot: 1
Specialization: Accounting / Audit / Finance
Work Level: Entry Level (Trainee)
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Entry Level
Salary Range: ₦30,000 – ₦75,000
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor of Science
Hometown Fintech Limited is an early-stage start-up digital financial (FinTech) services company in Nigeria. We are the owners of the Hometown App and are currently developing a one of a first kind application for the Nigerian market. We provide digital financial services such as loans, savings, investments and digital payment services. We are currently head hunting for a strategic position namely;
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Asaba, Delta State
Number of Slots: One (1)
Your Basic Duties, Skills & Responsibilities
- Reconciling financial records, particularly of borrowers and savers
- Reconciling details of loans issued, repaid, outstanding, etc.
- Keep records of transactions carried out on company mobile app for airtime purchase, electricity bills paid, data subscription, bank payments, etc.
- Disbursement of petty cash for various approved vouchers
- Creating bills in company accounting software, capturing all financial transaction in accounting software
- Reconciling of petty cash voucher
- Bank reconciliation by matching bank and card transactions
- Drafting of bank letter
- Collecting of bank statement
- Paying of staff salaries at the end of the month
- Issuing of payment voucher
- Regular visitation to the bank to drop letters and give instruction
- Preparation of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements
- Manage and protect the financial information and records of the Company as relevant to their task as there is a broad responsibility to protect the integrity of all financial information of the Company.
- Attend to external auditors. Ensure financial records are balanced as part of preparation for annual external audits to ensure quick turnaround of the audit cycle.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly management reports for the Company, to be distributed to management and the Board of Directors on a timely basis. The reports measure profitability, liquidity, operational performance, variance analysis amongst other KPIs.
- Constantly review and monitor the accounts of the Company to ensure the basis of accurate reporting is of high quality.
- Comply with state and federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for monthly and annual tax filings.
- Supervise and provide technical advice to junior team members on finance and accounting matters relating to their tasks.
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analysing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Provide financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Operations or Managing Director.
- Excellent written communication skills
- A desire to grow, learn and teach.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role or with a reputable firm.
- Be a member of ICAN/ACCA qualified or close to completion, will be an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards.
- The individual must be technologically savvy with an above-average working knowledge of computer-based accounting systems and Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to take responsibility
- Highly smart and flexible
- Extremely analytical
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
Interested applicants must be resident in Asaba (Delta State) or be willing to relocate to Asaba upon confirmation of job offer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Accountant” as the subject of the email.