The Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Veterinary Medicine O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Veterinary Medicine Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Veterinary Medicine UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Veterinary Medicine.
Please read the Veterinary Medicine programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
List of Universities Offering Veterinary Medicine
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, ABUJA, FCT – ABUJA
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – FUNAAB
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI, BENUE STATE – MAKURDI
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Veterinary Medicine.
Direct Entry Requirement for Veterinary Medicine:
- A level passes in Chemistry, Biology/Zoology, Physics or Mathematics.
UTME Requirement for Veterinary Medicine:
- Five (5) O level credit passes to include English Language, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
UTME Subject combination for Veterinary Medicine:
- Physics, Chemistry and Biology.